Chapter 6 - Jesse

I squeezed my eyes shut after being blinded by the sunlight pouring out the window. Groaning, I stretched and was surprised to find my arms empty.

Where was Sam?

I inwardly groaned remembering what had happened when Veronica had decided to just barge into my apartment so late at night.

Damn woman.

I cursed myself for ever buying that shark a drink after work one night. Josh had warned me after hearing her supposed infatuation with me, but I just brushed him off thinking it wasn't a big deal and that it would be fun.

Biggest mistake of my life.

Next thing I know, one fuck turns into three, then spending the night, then taking my clothes, then calling me baby and taking pictures of me while I was asleep.

She was crazy.

I quickly broke whatever was going on between us and told her to get lost. I was always very clear about what my intentions were and that whatever happened, there would be no strings attached. Not one.

But every fucking time, they get surprised when I tell them to have a nice day and walk them out or when I refuse to take their number. I frowned rubbing my eyes, my mood suddenly turning sour. It wasn't my fault their little fantasies about tying me down didn't work. They let you do whatever you want with them for a night then expect bed in breakfast and a wedding ring the next morning.

"Fucking sharks." I growled rubbing both eyes awake. I was making my way towards the kitchen when I started hearing humming. Sam was by the stove with her back facing me, humming while she made breakfast.

Not wanting to disturb her I leaned against the door frame and silently listened to her softly humming. I wondered if this was what Josh woke up to every morning ever since he moved out and got a place with Kat. I was surprised by the sudden sharp pang of jealousy I was starting to feel. What was wrong with me?

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't see Megatron scurrying past my feet, the cold plastic ball brushing my toes. Surprised, I jumped about a mile in the air with a loud yelp.

Startled, Sam shrieked and dropped the empty plate she was about to serve food on, the ceramic shattering everywhere.

"Oh shit, I didn't mean to scare you!" I rush forward to help her pick up the broken plate.

"It's okay. I thought you were still sleeping so I was making breakfast." She fumbled trying to pick up the broken pieces. I noticed she was barefoot and tried to usher her away from the mess before she hurt herself.

"I got it." I started to say but she had already let out a gasp, blood surrounding her left foot.

"Fuck." She muttered softly. I was taken aback from hearing her swear but told her to stop moving.

"I'm fine. It's just a small scratch." She tried to play it off but I could tell she was trying not to cry. Scooping her up, I put her on the kitchen counter and went to the bathroom to get the first aid kit.

"Really, i'm fine." She tried to shoo me away seeing the bottle of alcohol in my hands. Blood was dripping in little droplets from her foot onto the floor, a piece of the plate sticking out from the arch in her foot. I held onto her calf and looked at the damage.

"On the count of three okay?" I told her. She made a face and started to whine even more.

"You could need stitches. What if it gets infected?" I asked when she swatted at me again. She hissed in pain then reached for my hand finally agreeing.