"Well I don't know what you were jealous about. We were just talking." I told him. He snorted making my irritation spark again.

"Sam don't be naive. C'mon." He frowned, still not looking at me.

"Naive? What are you talking about?" I scoffed. One thing that drove me crazy about Jesse was how he never finished what he was saying. He'll say one thing then leave you wondering what he meant or was going to say.

"Please elaborate since you seem to know what was going on." I crossed my arms in front of me and waited for him to explain. He gave an annoyed huff and turned to look at me.

"He was flirting with you! Even Casey asked if you knew him from how he kept touching your arm and smiling at you." He explained. Realization dawned on me as I remembered what he was talking about.

"He was telling me I was good at prepping." I replied. Jesse scoffed shaking his head. "I'm sure he was." He muttered. I shook my head at him.

"He noticed Casey nailing her questions despite how nervous she was before she went on and said I was good at prepping, just like his husband, whose also in the business...." I watched Jesse's face morph from annoyance to realization before he turned to look at me.

"His husband?"

"Yup. Told me to give him a call if I was ever interested in joining the company or something."

Instead of being embarrassed Jesse started frowning. "Why was he touching your arm then?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, he was very friendly I guess." I chuckled. Jesse resorted to pouting as I left to get him a new ice pack and adjusted his foot for him.

"Thank you." He muttered finally acting like an adult. I sat down next to him and silently watched TV as The Office came on. We had both seen this episode the other day, binge watching two whole seasons on Netflix while it stormed outside.

"Why were you jealous?" I suddenly asked. I didn't even realize I had said it until I noticed Jesse's head turn to look at me from the corner of my eye.

I slowly turned to match his gaze and surprisingly repeated the question.

"Why were you jealous?"

This time Jesse was speechless and he stared at me with a stunned look on his face. He opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it, searching my face as if it he would find the answers there.

Suddenly I felt embarrassed. My fingers began to clench and I felt my ears starting to get warm. That was stupid of me. I should have never asked him that.

"Never mind." I whispered and stood up to run to my room but Jesse's hand circled my wrist again, preventing me from going anywhere. He didn't say anything and neither did I. I just stood there with my back turned to him as he held onto my hand, his grip tight.

"I would get up but I can't so can you sit down for a second?" He asked. I looked up, trying to blink away stupid tears that had started to form and gathered myself before sitting back down.

This is awkward. Good job Sam, you just had to ruin everything. I angrily thought to myself.

But then Jesse's hands were on my face and his fingers brushed away the stubborn curls away before he pulled me closer and planted his lips right on top of mine.