You bit your lip, as you swallowed and digested your grandma's harsh words.

Yes, after the successful heart transplant operation that the doctors performed for Mingyu, he became really happy... until he had the strength and confidence to court his long-time crush, which was a family friend of his. You remember watching his proposal to her. Now that they are done with school, they are engaged, soon to be married.

"That girl doesn't love him," you retorted. "At least not as much as I do..."

You didn't know why, but you continued speaking to your grandma to get rid the problems on your shoulder, "I've been watching her too, and she's been going on Tinder dates and later rejecting the guys. He knows, but he couldn't let her go, because he loves her so much."

A tear unwillingly escaped your eye.

"Sweetheart, don't cry!" your grandma sighed, and this unwillingly escaped her mouth, "You're in heaven, yet you are so miserable. What am I going to do with you, oh, sweetheart?"

Upon hearing your grandma, you suddenly agreed with her, although it hurt you to do so, "You are right, grandma. I should've stayed in Earth and be by his side instead."

As you cried and more tears fell down your cheeks, your grandma thought of how to cheer you up.

"Tomorrow is his birthday, right?" she clarified.

"Yes, grandma," you replied.

"I have an idea," your grandma spoke, and before you know it, you were jumping ecstatically in joy.

***

6 April 2017

As more people entered his mansion for his grand 21st birthday party, Mingyu had hoped that one of them would at least confess that a family member of them donated their heart.

For his birthday that year, he just wanted to know who donated her heart to him. Who willingly did that. He wanted to speak with the deceased's family members and he wanted to know why. That's all he wanted as a birthday gift.

Unfortunately, none of them admitted that a family member of theirs donated their heart to him.

He asked the hospital about it, but they said the information was confidential, and the patient strictly forbid her name to not be disclosed.

He only knew she was a girl; but even that was because it slipped out of the doctor's tongue. He knew nothing else.

He really wanted to know who she was. Did she love him? Is that why she gave her heart to him?

He was a popular boy in school, indeed. When he was in high school, he was a skilled football player who has got girls swooning over him, but... when it comes to life and death matters, would any of them actually donate his heart to him?

These questions haunted him for the rest of his life, ever since he found out his heart transplant operation was successful.

"Why are you so tense today? You should relax, it's your birthday," one of his favorite hyungs, Wonwoo, spoke to him. He was sitting beside Mingyu on the main dinner table. They were really close.

"Remember what I said - that you look a thousand times scarier and older when you frown like that," he added, chuckling and later patting Mingyu's back.

Wonwoo knew how much Mingyu wanted to know who donated her heart to him, and he understood perfectly why the latter was acting such ways during his birthday. That poor boy was just curious.