"It wasn't there when you went it for the first time?"

"It wasn't, I checked"

Lex was staring at the photo as she puts her phone on loud speaker. She read the message over and over.

"So, what your aunt say was true, the note that was left at your door is a hint?"

"What kind of hint is this Lex?"

"Wait let me see, "welcome to the school of the dead", oh it is just the vampires welcoming you warmly Alice, what else", Lex rolled her eyes as she sighs.

"I met three of them today, I am sure they are one of the seven"

"Wait, that fast?"

"Trust me today may have been really fast but it was such a long day you can't even imagine"

-

The morning started of beautifully, the sky was clear and the sun was out, the classes went well, the teachers were nice to Alice and most importantly none of the guys she met yesterday is in the same classes with her. She is not sure to be glad or otherwise.

Alice keep her eyes glued to the paper in her hand, scanning the direction as she navigates her way around the compound, searching for the place to collect her additional uniforms. But then, she accidentally bumped into someone, the sudden collision made her lose grip of all the other documents in her other hand.

"Oh my, I am so sorry I didn't see you", a cheerful manly voice echoes in her ears. "Oh god, my bad my bad!!"

Alice could catch the little glimpse of the white coat adorning the tall man's body as she hastily collects her paper while assuring him everything is fine since he keeps on apologizing. He even helps her with the papers accompanied by a string of sincere apologies.

"It is okay, sir. Thank you for helping"

When she finally looks up completely, spotting the stethoscope hung around his neck, a realization hits her that this young handsome is actually a doctor.

If all doctors in the world look as good as him, people will be lining up pretending to be sick just to get themselves examined by him. Alice might have the same thought too for a fleeting second but then quickly slapped herself mentally for even thinking about that. As she subtly gawks at him, a gush of wind breezes through them. His cologne swirls in the air ; oceanic, so fresh and tangy but with a little sweetness of musk.

His beautiful face is beyond anything Alice has ever seen. The perfect high nose, sculptured to its excellency to match his even more perfect features. Ethereal, if there is a word to describe.

"You must be Miss Nightray", he smiles, lights beaming out of his clear eyes.

"Yes yes, I am Alice Nightray"

"I am the school's doctor, nice to meet you", he puts his hand out, smiling warmly at her. "I finally got to meet you"

Taking his hand gently, gulping silently as the warmth he exudes travel straight to her heart, warming hers as well. So warm, like his smile.

"I just received your file this morning, reviewed it and you are fit to join all the school extra activities Miss Nightray, do visit the infirmary to get your validation letter alright", he gave a quick bow before excusing himself, disappearing as he took the first turn around the big building.

"His blood is too warm ", she stares at her own hand, the warmth of the doctor's hand lingers on her skin. "Too warm"

"Dr Jung is such a handsome person, isn't he?"

The wooden maroon door behind her creaks open, and a tall blonde girl walks out with a box in her hand, sweetly smiling at her.

"Hi, I don't believe we've met, I am Luiza"

The blue ribbon tied in a small bow around her collar and the small badge sown on her right sleeve indicates she belongs to the student councils.

"Hi, I am new here, Im-"

"You're Alice Nightray, your file was sent to me yesterday for the students record. I was supposed to accompany Lam for the school tour but I got caught up with my work"

"I see, its okay, everything is settled", Alice answered with a small nod.

"So, is everything okay Alice?"

"Everything is all fine, classes were great, so I think I am good here"

Suddenly, Luiza eyes stretches all the way to the second floor of the opposite building. Curious, Alice follows her gaze only to land on Kim Namjoon walking out of the one of the meeting rooms, and also, the guy who saved her last night.

The one that grabbed her by the waist to be exact.

"Oh, here comes Kim Nam Joon and his disciples ", Luiza laughs quietly, whispering at her side.

"D-Disciples?"

Keeping her eyes still, Alice finally realizes there were not only the two of them. Another three emerges out of the room, following Namjoon as they cross the white bridge that connects the main building to the others. The students crowding the space clears the space, keeping themselves glued to the wall to make way for them to walk comfortably. It feels like witnessing angles and demons walking side by side through the gates of heaven and hell combined. The energy they exude seems to clash with one another, the air cold and warm, light and heavy at the same time.

"Interesting, isn't it,Alice?", Luiza broke the heavy silence, smiling to herself. "Fascinating too"

"Wait, what do you mean by disciples, am I missing something?"

"Oh, honey my sweet child, there are a lot you don't know about this beautiful school of ours, you will understand soon", Luiza taps on her shoulder, giving her a quick wink matched with a undistinguished smile before she walks away, leaving Alice dumbfounded there.

Trailing her slender figure as she walks towards the gate, Alice lets out the breathe she did not realize she was holding. What did she mean by that? Does Luiza knows something about this school?

Second day here and everything seems to be complicated as she clearly has expected. Alice sworn she might be brain-dead by the time she figures out about everything.

"Alice is that you my dear", Madam Elaine's voice came from the door. "Come in my dear, I have your uniforms read"

~~~~~

NOTE

Hello everyone! here is the updated/revised version of this chapter. I apologize for the super slow editing because I just couldnt find the time to do it + forgetting it too frequently too. I hope to edit everything asap ! Thank you for waiting! 💕✨🌟