Chapter 3

"Alice, it is getting really cold, Lameah was searching for you"

Namjoon keep his icy stare on the guy in front of her, barely blinking as if he is ready to snap at any movement. He relaxes when the guy finally steps away, creating ample between the two of them.

"Let's go?", Namjoon gestures to Alice. "Let's go meet Lameah"

Partially glad Namjoon appeared, Alice just bowed at the guy before she follows him all through the walkway, disappearing behind the white wall at the corner.

"Namjoon is just being the Namjoon we both know don't you think", Jungkook smirks as he speaks to the person watching them from the side. "So cautious"

"Its your fault for making him that way". Taehyung appears from out of the shadow, one hand in the pocket of his pant, his gaze lingering on the younger man in front of him. "You should know better"

"Not that I was going to hurt her or something, why is he always like that"

Taehyung arches an eyebrow at him, earning a little annoyed scoff from Jungkook.

"You really don't want to know my answer, so don't bother asking"

-

It was nearing midnight but Alice just could not push herself to sleep. She turned to the night lamp, flicking the switch and she stares at her dim room for a while. She hates that she has to get use to this new place. Being far from home suck, and she is just completely homesick for some strange reason.

To top it all, today's events were pushing her anxiousness high up the sky. Her encounter with the two boys strike a weird feeling in herself, making her think a little more than she should.

"Oh god, what the hell"

Her hand reaches for the novel she was reading earlier, sliding it off the wooden beside table. She halted, eyes freezing as she sees something was engraved into the wood. The writings clearly was not there when she arrived. Leaning closer, she pushes everything aside to take a closer look.

And she thought she was just seeing things

She knew it all along. Something or someone does not welcome here here. Letting one knowing sigh, she takes her phone and snaps a photo of the writing. Her mind begin to stir out of the night haziness, connecting the dots ; today's events and this writing.

Fumbling with her sheets, she shoots out of bed as she calls Lex. Lex must be the first person to know about this writing and she needs her to run a search about it.

" Alice, what the actual fuck....it's almost 1 in the morning!?", Lex's low grumbling heard through the phone.

"Lex, get up, I need to tell you something, I sent a photo and you promise me you must not show this to anyone"

"Wait wait, let me check"

She waits.

"Alice, are you exposed?", Lex's voice was soft but alert.

"No, its my first day, how am I going to get exposed"

"But this is dangerous"

"I locked my room all the time when I was out, so..", Alice looks at her door, nodding to herself as she checks with herself.

She locked her room earlier.