Chapter 5: Element Protectors and toddlers

Disclamer: I do not own Fairy Tail, Hiro Mashima does.

Authors Note:

Sorry for not updating, then the mass of updates that nothing changed with. That was because I realised I didn't put in any disclamers. I am going to start editing the chapters that I have up, I am still going to put up new chapters. I have a new updating day, for both edits and new chapters, that is going to be the Saturday after the first Thursday of the month. 

Gramps P.O.V.

"Not a lot is known on the extent of Element Protector magic, but what I do know is that she is not bound to this dimension and that she can use magic in other dimensions. To find more out on that you will have to talk to one of the older Wizard Saints. You could see if the Magic Council knows anything, but I don't think that they will. Element Protectors are very secretive. Most don't like humans. In the beginning, the humans used them to take over countries, and the Element Protectors saw that as a betrayal for their help and protection. The Element Protectors were in the kingdoms to watch over them and help the citizens, not kill other humans. The Element Protectors started to see all humans like that and avoid humans. Element Protectors did keep a base in Fiore for a while, nobody has been able to find it though, the reason for them staying in Fiore was that the King of Fiore didn't use them. That is all that is known to the Wizard Saints about the history of the Element Protectors, we don't even know their names, we call them by there elements." I say while looking at the small child in Evergreen's arms, fast asleep.

Laxus looks at me and nods in understanding, "How do you raise a toddler?"

I look at him in frustration, "You took a toddler in without knowing anything about them, didn't you?" He just nods. "Okay, so first things first, how old is she? That is important in picking out food, clothing, and furniture."

Freed answers, "Zoey said that she was 2 years old."

"Okay, so you will need a crib with one open side, but get one that can change into a bed as she will outgrow the crib part soon. You will also need either a booster seat or a toddler table and chair for her. At the age of two toddlers start to be potty trained so you will need a step stool and a toddler potty. She can eat solid foods at two and for clothing, she should be a 2T size." I look at them to see if they comprehend with a nod I continue, "Okay so next thing is where will she be staying and with who?"

"We planned that out on the way here," Evergreen tells me, "We are going to get an apartment for the three of us and that way the rent is cheaper and we will all be able to watch Mary, for when the others can't and it is not all on one person to raise her".

"Do you have a plan for finding an apartment?"

Freed answered when the other looked lost, "I was thinking that we could get one out of town, as they will be cheaper than those in town, but we don't want to be too far from the guild. Being close to the guild is the perk for when we go on missions and need a babysitter. Another reason we would get an apartment out of town is because of Mary's magic. We would like her to be able to train and not be seen. Mary being and Element Protector needs to stay between only a few people. I was thinking that we only tell the S-class Wizards, and they can be the babysitters. I personally think that Gildarts would be the best person for her to meet. He is a good role model and he is strong so he will be able to keep up with her for a while."

"I agree. Seeing as Mary is asleep and none of you have any toddler equipment, why don't you go and get her a crib and bring it here. After that go get the other things and start looking for a place to stay." They nod and run out the door after giving me Mary.