Diana tunes out the rest of Niall's speech, assuming the little friend of Zayn's he was talking about was just his current shag. It usually was. Teetering her focus onto the bar, Diana itches her fingers towards her pocket and pulls out twenty pounds.

 "Niall," she interrupted. "I'm going to go get a drink, alright?" Receiving a smile from the blonde boy, Diana smirks and turns around. She hadn't had a drink in so long. Drinks were always good, in her mind. Too many drinks equals a while in the bathroom. Which means more weight loss. It was a win for her.

 Walking towards the bar, she attempted to keep her posture upright instead of crouched and her head forwards. Feeling a sense of insecurity every time she made eye contact with someone, she instead opted for speed walking towards the bar and throwing the cash on the counter.

 "A beer, please," Diana asks as she sees the bar tender approach her. Looking at him, she realizes who it is as she sees his hair and his mischievous smile. "Ed?"

 "Hey, Diana. A beer? That's it? Not two? I saw Liam around here, thought you'd order for him as well, since you seem to do those couple-y things," Ed smiles, reaching for a cup and pouring brown liquid drink into it, not seeming to realize what he'd said sparked something in her.

 "You saw Liam?" She asks, quirking her eyebrow. Trying to remember all that Niall was telling her, Diana realizes the 'friend' of Zayn's was of course, Liam. Of course.

 "Yeah, he was dancing, don't know where he's gone though," Ed replies, his eyes squinting as though he were actually trying to find him in the masses of people.

"Anyway," he grabs a dishtowel and plops it on his shoulder, "other customers to serve. That one's on me, by the way," he points at the drink sat in front of her and wink before walking about.

 Rolling her eyes, Diana settles into the stool she's sitting on and takes sip after sip of her drink, her eyes roaming around the crowd. It was a bit hard to decipher between who was who, but once she found Niall's blonde coiffed hair, it wasn't trouble to find Liam. Liam was about two feet away from Zayn and Niall - who seemed to be chugging beers in the middle of the dance floor - grinding up against a brown haired girl. Seeing how relaxed he seemed to be, dancing with a beautiful curvy girl with no care in the world, Diana couldn't help but feel a sort of sadness rush through her. She couldn't think of why she'd feel that way, since she did want Liam to be happy, but seeing him be happy with someone else made her heart hurt. She was an idiot.

 Gulping the last drop of beer, she sets the cup down on top of the counter, making sure to avoid Ed's eyes - who seemed to be looking at her for the whole while she'd been sat there - and gets up, walking towards Zayn and Niall. Tapping on Zayn's shoulder, she smiles at his surprised expression when he turns around.

 "Diana!" Zayn exclaims, surprise filling his voice. Smirking at the angry look he shoots at Niall, who is smiling like the big good he is, he turns back towards her. "How are you?"

 "Fine," Diana replies. Trying to withhold her eyes from trailing over to Liam, who hadn't noticed her presence, she smiles. "And you?"

 "Good," Zayn answers, his smile somewhat forced.

 "Are you having a good time, Di?" Niall asks, his voice slurring. The guy was already drunk, Diana thinks to herself as she rolls her eyes.

 "Yeah, Ed is bartending tonight. It was good to catch up with him, I supposed," she tells them. The whole time she was speaking, she was catching Liam in her peripheral vision and could tell he stopped dancing.

 "Hey, what's ground Zayn?" The brunette asks him, her squeaky pitched voice drifting towards Diana. Giggling at the name she called Liam, Diana turns back to Niall, only catching the last bit of what he's saying.

 "..and he's been quite dumb about it, I think. Zayn was trying to help, but a good fuck won't help things, right?" Niall's blue eyes squint at her. Realizing the question was directed towards her, Diana dismisses the angry expression on Zayn's face.

 "Um, help who with what?" Diana asks, confusion lacing through her voice. Twisting a blonde piece of hair between her fingers, she begins to get nervous. She had already answered the question in her head once Liam walked up to them, the brunette under his arm.

 "Hey, Diana," he greets her, his eyes wide and his smile prevalent on his features.

 "Niall, why don't you go dance with Diana so Liam can have some alone time with.. sorry babe, what's your name?" Zayn grumbles.

 "Sophia," she answers, her eyes looking up and down at Diana, and a smirk appearing on her face once she was done. Of course, Diana wasn't competition towards her. She wasn't competition towards anyone. Feeling dread course through her body, she nods her head at Niall before speaking.

 "I think I'm going to go. It was nice seeing you guys, maybe we can do this some other time," she says, avoiding eye contact with everyone but Niall.

 "Alright," Niall smiles at her. Taking that as her sign to exit the situation, Diana makes her way to the exit, only stopping to look behind at the person who seemed to be constantly messing with her emotions.

 Catching Liam's eye as he grips the girl, Sophia, in his embrace, he shoots her a wink. Pretending to gag at him, Diana rolls her eyes and whips around, exiting the club.

 "Messing with my emotions? Fuck that," she whispers to herself as she trudged back to her apartment. She didn't need someone making her feel like that. She didn't need the bullshit. 

(A/N) So, yeah. I'm an asshole with updates. I just wanted to once again than the people who are continuously commenting, voting and adding these stories to lists. I see you guys! ☺ It means the world to me that not only do you read this, a story about real people I've made into my own, but show your support and are active with this even though I update once in a blue moon (is that even the saying? Who knows). So, I just wanted to say thanks to whoevers sticking with these even though I'm a complete butthole with the updates. ALSO, I don't really know what I wrote, but I feel like it's absolute shit. I could do better. Ugh. I keep on letting myself and you guys down. Okay, this is getting long. Adios. 

©loushton all rights reserved