I pick you (Catra's POV)

Why does Adora have to be a crowd pleaser, and why does she always have to be better than me. She's the perfect girl with straight A's and and has all the teachers eating out of her hand. Especially ms. Weaver. Worst of all she's the nicest person In the planet.
It makes me sick!
"Catherine, would you mind paying attention? You have a very low gpa and I'd hate for it to get lower." Ms. Weaver remarked.
"I'd prefer if you'd call me Catra." I explain.
" I will respect your requests as soon as you give me reason to." I lean back into my chair and tap my pencil on the desk. "So class, you will be doing a project on how important approval from others is for some people."
"Will this be an individual project?" Adora asks. Of course she would want to work alone because all of us would only drag her down and ruin her perfection. She'll get an A and I'll get an F that's how things work.
"I am glad you asked Adora! You will work in groups of two." I groaned because group projects are the worst. People always yell at me for not doing work like it's my fault I'm stupid and school is hard for me, also it's not like ms. Weaver makes it easy for me with the constant derating. "Catherine, you will be working alone because I am well aware of your dependence on your group members." Everyone started to laugh at me while Weaver gave me a shit eating grin. It's typical for her to publicly humiliate me to whip me into shape.
"Actually, I'd like to be Catra's partner. If that is acceptable." I look over to see Adora smile and wave to me. I turn around.
" Yes it is Adora, but of all the people in the class I feel that Catherine would not be the smartest choice." Weaver said while giving me that same grin.
"Do I have a say in this?" I ask.
"No you do not." She says.
I roll my eyes. "Class dismissed. Have a good day." I walk out of the classroom as I feel someone grab my shoulder.
"I'm excited to work with you Catra!" Adora tells me.
"Whatever." I murmur.