9 - Galaxy Lying Eyes

Start from the beginning

"This is...bad." Takuto looks back at Niika, "Arata-kun...also didn't come to class today...I wonder what he's been doing today, since yesterday."

"Big Brother likes to go to the library when he doesn't have a boxing club meeting. Maybe he's been there all day." Niika says packing her school bag.

"Arata boxes!?" Takuto gasps, "You know what, that actually doesn't surprise me." He sighs, "Just another reason to be afraid of him..."

"Oh no, don't be!" Niika immediately tells him, "Arata might be a little overprotective sometimes, but he's not intentionally mean! Honest! He's a really kind person!" Takuto falters at Niika's words.

"Ah, I see." He refuses to argue and dismisses the subject. Takuto grows quiet for a moment and stops Niika before she exits the room. "Hey. You know...we should walk home together..."

"Huh?"

"It's just...we did it yesterday...and we g-go the same w-way..." Takuto starts to stutter. "We should...make this an everyday thing...to hang out more...or something...Please?" Niika blinks, staring at the blushing redhead in the empty classroom.

Finally, she smiles, "Sure." Takuto smiles back in relief as she packs up her bag. "But we're meeting Sarina-senpai for tea today. Remember?" Takuto slaps his forehead.

"Oh yeah! Of course!...Afterward then. Heh heh." He laughs off his nervousness. The two finally head out of the main building toward the lockers to grab their things. Stopping at Niika's first, they move to Takuto's. As Takuto replaces his indoor shoes with his outdoor ones, he continues speaking with Niika. "I wonder if she's finally going to tell us the name of the play we're going to be performing soon. We're still a drama club after all."

"Niika-chan! Takuto-kun!" Sarina runs up on them from behind. She comes to a halt, out of breath. "Something just came up, so I can't go to the cafe today. I'm sorry for having you two wait on me."

"Sarina-senpai, it's alright. Please don't overexert yourself." Niika insists, holding her steady. Sarina manages to pull herself together.

"I promise I'll talk to you all soon about the club activities. I just have to go and sort something out." She says, "But if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to talk to Niika for a moment before I head out."

"Me?" Niika points to herself. "Oh, sure I guess...Um, Takuto..." The two girls pale.

Shivers violently fell down Takuto's spine as he suddenly found his neck in between Arata's right arm. "It's fine. I need a word with him anyway. Right, Tsunashi Takuto?" Shook, he couldn't even swallow.

"Big Brother!" The blue-eyed male lets out a sigh.

"It's okay Niika, run along, the two of us are just going to have a little chat." Arata tells her. His blank expression hides his motives.

"Takashiro-kun!"

"Sarina-san." They stare at each other, the tension making the two in the middle of them uncomfortable.

"I heard from Niika, that you suddenly had some interest in the drama club. Care to explain?"

"Another time, Sarina-san." He bluntly replies, "Another time." Arata then exits the building, taking both Takuto and Takuto's bag with him.

When he's finally let go, Takuto panics. "Where the heck did you come from!? You scare me so much!" He whines.

Arata rolls his eyes, "There are scarier things in life than me, Takuto. Like the Crux."

"The Crux?" Takuto repeats in confusion. "You know about the Crux?" He slaps his forehead. "Oh yeah! Since you got your mark to activate and all."

"The Glittering Crux, the cybodies, Zero Time. I don't get it, how all this works."