2 - The Glittering Crux's Challenge

MPK: Okay, here's the second chap, hope like it. And if you go to my deviant art account, I have created what Niika and Arata look like, so please check that out when you get a chance.

P.S.- CAUTION: THIS FIRST PART MIGHT BE A LITTLE GRAPHIC/VIVID.

DISCLAIMER: MPK DOES NOT OWN STAR DRIVER, ONLY NIIKA AND ARATA...AND THERE RELATIVES AND STUFF. NO STEALING.

_____________________

Narrator's P.O.V.

"Are you okay, Niika-chan?" Arata asked her as they walked to school, "You've stared at me for a while now..." An anime cloud hung over his head, when she didn't answer him right away.

"Nothing really, its just..." Niika looked at her brother, scanning him up and down. The uniform did suit him, especially with his brown hair, but his black square frames threw off the entire look, "Why are you wearing glasses? You can see."

"You know why Niika, so I won't get jumped by girls again."

Niika stopped, "Arata, you're not a chick magnet. And if you were, just having glasses is not going to help. Especially those cheap, ugly frames! Where did you get them from? The dollar store?" Arata looked at her pouting, "I'm right aren't I?" He looked to the side & sweatdropped, "Besides," Niika reached for his glasses pulling them off his face, revealing his cerulean eyes, "I think you look just fine."

"You think so?" He looked at her out the corner of his eye.

"Yeah. You look like you." Niika smiled at him. He looked at her.

"Thanks I guess~" Arata suddenly paused as he suddenly looked at her.

"What's wrong?" Niika asked, as Arata's left hand slowly and shakily rose to her chin and caressed it. "Arata...kun?" His eyes started to close as Niika's eyes widened when Arata began to lean forward, his lips inches away from his sister's.

'Disgusting...Incestuous...'

Arata's eyes widened to the point it looked like he had no iris as he quickly let go, grabbed his glasses, and put them back on his face. He didn't even look at her when he said, "Gomenasai, Niika-chan..." And just ran off somewhere, it was not in the direction of the school.

"Arata! Arata-kun!" Niika shouted but he was long gone. "Geez..." She continued to walk by herself. 'He still remembers what she said to him.' Niika thought to herself, remembering the day Arata became more pressed about keeping his distance away from her.

'Back when we were little, over the time we were first on the run, Arata and I had become even more close than we had ever before. Our stepmother didn't want us to make friends, that meant no social media, sleepovers or play-dates. And school, was out of the question. So the only people we had was each other. Arata always did what I wanted to do, he was pretty good about that. Sometimes I wished I had the 'rebellious' type of brother, you know what I mean. I wanted to have a fight with my brother, feel like we were really normal siblings, but we were already doing that with our step mom so there was no point fighting with each other. That would only fuel her hatred toward us. Really, all we had was each other.' Niika thought to herself as if she was talking to someone. Her eyes saddened.

'Over the time we've been on the run, Arata and I had become close, real close. But that was bad, especially because she hated us. She still hates us. But she hates Arata more. She made that even more clear on that day...'

FLASHBACK

"Arata, come play with me!" 5 year-old Niika shouted to him.