------------

"You find a tape player?" Stiles asked as Melissa came back into the room.

"No. But I found someone looking for you." She moved out of the way and Malia walked in furrowing her brows at Alec sitting in it he chair right next to Stiles' bed. She didn't know they were close.

"I'm going to head out. Scott texted me to meet with him plus I have a call to make." Alec walked out of of the door but they heard what he said next. Melissa walked out right after him to give the other two some privacy. "Hey Chalice. I need to cash in a favor."

"I heard you almost got killed." Malia said not knowing how else to start a conversation with Stiles right now.

"I heard you almost got killed." Stiles said worried about what happened since no one would really tell him anything.

"You okay?" Malia asked.

"Brunski punched me in the face. Turns out he was a serial killer." Stiles knew that she would understand because she was at Eichen house for a little while herself.

"Makes sense." She said remembering some of the times she was around him.

"Yeah. What about you?"

"We almost got set on fire." Malia said it like it was the most normal thing ever. The sad thing is that it isn't that far out of their normal anymore.

"Everyone okay?" Stiles was worried about whoever else could have been there.

"Basically."

"You okay?" Stiles knew how Malia would hide things that were upsetting her much like Alec.

"I'm fine. I'm gonna go." Malia told him unable to handle how awkward everything was.

"You don't have to." Stiles tried, wanting to fix their friendship.

"I should go." She said again.

"Okay."

"It's locked. Why would she lock the door?" Malia questioned becoming confused.

"Uh Hey, Melissa? Melissa." Stiles tried calling so she would come and unlock the door, but no one answered.

"I could break it." Malia offered.

"How about you not? I already owe this hospital enough money." Stiles told her.

"Why would she lock the door?"

"Maybe she didn't mean to." Stiles said.

"You don't just accidentally lock a door." Malia deadpanned.

"Okay, well, maybe, she wasn't thinking, exactly. Or wasn't thinking it through. You know, people sometimes do things without thinking them through." Stiles said starting to relate the situation they're in to the one that ruined their relationship in the first place.

"Then she's stupid."

"No, even smart people can do stupid things. You know, 'cause they think that it's the right thing. And I don't think we should hold it against her, you know, for the rest of her life! Especially because she's tried apologizing hundreds of times through texts and voicemails." Stiles knew it was really weird to be using Melissa as a representation of him, but it was too late to turn back now.

"Is she gonna keep begging?" Malia asked catching on to what Stiles was doing.

"She might."

"I don't have much practice in things like forgiveness. Some things I'm picking up fast. But other things are like.." Malia tried to think of something she really couldn't get the hang of.