Pt.15__Cry, Touch and Runaway

Start from the beginning

Y/N: Oh...Jack. You're awake.

Jack: Good morning. Are you going to eat both plates or can I have one?

She looked confused, but turns her head to the coffee table, noticing the plates. She nod at me and moves to the side of the couch so I can easily sit next to her. I place my water on the table and take a fork-ful of eggs into my mouth. I watch her do the same and fake smiling at the taste.

Jack: What's that for?

Y/H: Huh?

She looks at me with wide and clueless eyes and ful mouth.

Jack: That smile. I know it's fake.

She looks down and chews on her bacon. It takes even more time for her to swalow it. She pauses for half a minute that continuous eating.

Jack: *sign* You know not saying anything only confirms my words, right. I know you're nervous for tomorrow, but I also know there's more to this.

She doesn't spare me a look. I didn't want to do this, but if she's not talking than I'll get strait to the point.

Jack: You're not nervous. You're afraid.

She freezes. Her fork hits the plate as it falls from her hand. She focuses on the screen playing the advertisements, but it's obvious that she doesn't see them. I know she's shoked, but I can't stop here. I have to finish what I started. I take a deap breath and...

Jack: You're afraid that the same thing will happen again, aren't you. You don't want another Jun scenario taking place, right.

She shivers. I can see tears forming and her lips trambling. I feel guilty. I really shouldn't have reminded her of her past. She had a hard time coming over it only for me to bring her back to it in with one sentence.

It had to be done.

I take her hand and pul her close. She lets her head lean on my shoulder as she lets out a cry. Her tears stain my shirt while my hand traces circles on her back. I sigh as I decide to speak again, hoping not to break her even more.

Jack: I'm sorry, Y/N. It's not my place to bring him up. I shouldnmt have said anything...

She lifts her hand and puts a finger to my lips. It takes her a minute to find her voice and when she does it comes out vulnerable, quite and lost.

Y/N: N-No, don't apologise. Someone had to bring it up or else I'd probably lost it tomorrow. It's better to cry now.

Jack: What do you mean? I don't think they know about Jun.

Y/N: They don't. But I have a feeling that there's something that's coming to remind me of what kind of bitch I am.

Jack: Hey don't say that! I'm the only one who can call you a bitch.

She smiles a bit and removes her head from my body, only to sit next to me, looking at me with a few tears in her eyes.

Y/N: But I am a bitch. I should have done more. What if I freez again, Jack? I can't freez, I just can't.

I smile at her and hold her hand in mine. I take my other hand and wipe her cheeks of tears.

Jack: You won't. You've grown since than. I've seen you grow and become better at this. You don't hasitate to protect those who you are close to. Don't doubt yourself Y/N. If anyone can protect, them it's you.