𝟙𝟘. 𝔽𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕂𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕤

Start from the beginning

I was flabbergasted. What was I supposed to say?! I couldn't move or speak, my voice caught and unable to say anything.

Soon I finally uttered some words out. "You just kissed me..."

"Yes I did."

"Was that kiss genuine?"

Silence hung in the air until Cato nodded, still on top of me. "Yeah, it is."

My heart skipped a beat. Maybe even two.

"So... the reason you didn't want me to go to the cornucopia..."

"Was because I didn't want to lose you." Cato confirmed my thoughts. I gasped, lowering my eyes to look to the side. So many thoughts were going through my head. Many of them were happy. He tilted his head, worried.

"You ok? I'm sorry if I did anything wrong-"

I interrupted Cato by softly kissing him and pulling away before he could react. A blush covered my face in embarrassment.

He smiled and put the pieces together. "Love you, (Y/N)." This made me smile.
"I love you too Cato."

As much as we both would love to keep this bittersweet moment going, we came to our senses, knowing we're still in the games.

He pulled me up and tossed me some armour, probably the one that was meant for Clove. I put it on and it felt like it was meant for me.

We then got our weapons and headed over to the cornucopia, knowing right now we wouldn't be able to do much in the forest.

Suddenly the sky turned extremely dark.
Cato and I exchanged glances at each other.

"It must be the finale." I told him. Suddenly, a sound of a man screaming mixed with wolves of some sort echoed to the right, near the forest, making us flinch. Confirming my statement. It was the finale. A canon boomed.

The tribute's picture was above so we could see who died. It was Thresh. I smiled. I'm glad he died. 'That's what you get for killing Clove.' I thought.

"So Districts 2 and 7 versus 12 eh?" Cato looked at me and smirked. I smirked back. "Ready to go home?"

"Hell yeah." I responded. I ran over to the cornucopia, Cato jogging behind. He helped lift me up on top, and I helped pull him upwards.

We instantly noticed Luna and Adam running away from something. Wait... the eyes... the number on their collar... they're so familiar, they're just like...

"That can't be Glimmer... right Cato?" My face paled, turning to see his reaction, his did the exact same.

It was. With blonde fur, and Glimmer's pair of eyes, along with a District 1 on her collar, there could be no doubt that it was her.

All this could mean is that there will be 20 other mutts with the eyes and features of the dead tributes.

I prepped myself for the other two to appear. They soon climbed up the cornucopia, staring down at the mutts in shock.

Cato used this opportunity to grab a hold of Adam and wrestle him. He sent a punch to Adam, while I moved over and threw one of the throwing knives I picked up from the cornucopia. I sliced Luna's arm and she countered, sending an arrow to my shoulder.

I winced in pain, gripping my shoulder, however made sure I was still steady so I didn't fall over into the deadly pit of jaws. I ripped the arrow out before going back to attack Luna, making her lose her grip on her bow, having to fly somewhere else on the roof of the cornucopia.