Planet Or Plastic

Hi, my name is Atlantis and I am an anemonefish aka a clownfish. This is my story.

We fish like to swim together but sadly I move alone. You might ask why I do so, but the problem was not my fault. We were swimming around a small cave in our beautiful ocean and my family saw a lot of shiny objects and they got curious and it was in fact plastic, they all got tangled in it, I tried to help but I could not do anything they were trapped in the plastic bags. I tried to look for other animals, but all I could find was other fish and seahorses trapped in the bags. That was the worst day of my life, I saw all of my family and friends die in front of me, I felt useless and angry at humans. We did nothing wrong to deserve this, but I guess humans think we should die. I went back to our little home, sad as ever and all of a sudden there were humans swimming around and grabbing all the plastic. They did clean everything but with that my family and friends were gone forever, and I was now swimming alone with no one to show me direction on where to go next. I usually used to let my father give me direction as he was the leader of the school (a group of fish). But now I was lonely and lost.

These last few days, I met another clownfish and we became friends immediately. This clownfish had also lost its family and so we decided to stay together and try to avoid the harmful plastic.

After a few weeks, we had our own little family swimming around, and this time we made sure that no plastic is going to hurt our kids. But surprisingly after that horrible day, there seemed to be a decrease in plastic, maybe does people from last time cleaned the beach every day, or my wish got heard and the humans became educated on how harmful it is to throw plastic and kill us.

********************

Side note:

Although this story is made up, there are real animals dying because of us humans being careless and throwing everything in our sea, no matter how small you are, you can make a difference, why not start and clean the beach when going there, that is a good start.

Thank you so much and I hope you enjoyed the story.