24

Michael's POV

I stomped out of Summer's apartment, not caring about how ridiculous I was acting. I was furious with the both of them, how they could just spring this upon me. I had been so ready to try and win Summer back, but now that she was with Calum, I had become discouraged. Maybe it was all of those rumors that caused them to realize their feelings for each other. I had always suspected that they were there, just waiting to be discovered.

I had begun to head back to hotel, but once in the lobby I spotted the bar and took a seat on one of the stools. I was in need of a drink, something to calm me down and forget everything that had just happened.

"What'll it be?" the middle aged bartender asked me.

"Vodka on the rocks," I replied.

He poured my drink, sliding it in front of me. I didn't say a thank you or anything, just tipped my head back, the liquor burning against my throat.

"Another," I demanded, the glass hitting the bar loudly when I set it down. After finishing my fifth drink of straight vodka, I began to feel the effects. I placed a one hundred dollar bill on the bar, not even thinking about it, and stumbled back toward the elevators.

"You seem wasted," the girl in the elevator told me as we neared my floor, the tenth.

"Yep," I said, nodding. The girl was wearing a tight dress, one that was hugging her curves in all the right places. I couldn't stop my eyes from raking down her body.

"You can stop your drooling now," she smiled seductively.

I rolled my eyes. "I can't help it. A gorgeous girl like you should be looked at and appreciated," I slurred.

"Well, then I'll let you have a look in your room. How does that sound?" She was walking closer to me, almost no space between us as the elevator dinged, letting us know we made it.

I reached for her hand, it feeling cold against mine. I pulled her with me, rushing as quickly as I could toward my hotel room. I struggled getting the key in the slot, but finally managed to open the door.

My mind was clouded and I didn't hesitate to press my body against this attractive stranger. I kissed her eagerly, my tongue entering her mouth quickly and walking her toward the bed. She pushed me backwards, crawling on top of me so her legs were straddling my waist.

"What's your name?" she moaned against my neck.

"Michael," I said, lifting my head back so she had more access. She sucked on my neck, leaving a definite mark.

"Mmm, I like that name," she moved her lips back up to mine. I kissed her lazily, suddenly not in the mood to do this.

She began to pull at the hem of my t-shirt but I pushed her hands away. I struggled to push her off of me and she was now sitting on the bed on her knees.

"What the hell?" she narrowed her eyes at me, her lips in a pout.

"I just can't," I shook my head. I ran my fingers through my hair, feeling a headache coming on. I stood up from the bed, straightening my shirt. "C'mon," I held out my hand to this girl, realizing I had not even learned her name.

She glared up at my towering frame, but finally got up, ignoring my hand. She straightened out her mess of brunette hair before walking toward the door. "Bye, Michael," she said.

"Bye. Sorry again," I told her. I wasn't sure what had come over me, but thoughts of Summer had entered my mind. I never had a problem while I was on tour, hooking up with random girls. It wasn't like we were together, she was with Calum now and I was alone. I could do whatever the hell I wanted, so why did it bother me so much and I didn't want Summer to ever find out about this.