07

Summer's POV

Today had been last rehearsal before the concert. Before leaving for my audition, I decided to come clean to my director. He understood and said he would be disappointed if I hadn't gone. He wasn't too pleased about it being right before a show, but he appreciated my honesty.

I walked out of the auditorium with Quinn, my violin in my right hand.

"You keep disappearing. Where are you going?"

I laughed. "I don't want to jinx it, but I auditioned for the New York Philharmonic."

"Oh my god! Girl, you can't be ditching me now. We're just becoming close."

"I haven't gotten the position yet."

"But you will. You're so talented. I don't even know how I got in here, yet alone one of the top orchestras."

"Like I said, I haven't gotten in," I shook my head.

"Let's go get a celebratory drink!" she exclaimed.

"You just want an excuse to see that bartender," I teased.

"Oh honey, I already saw him. Two nights this week," she said confidently.

"Quinn!" I covered my mouth with my hand.

"What? He's actually super nice and you've been MIA, so I called him. One thing led to another-"

"Okay, okay. I don't need details!" I interrupted. We both burst into laughter, reaching our cars. "Ok, I'll come but I'm not drinking." She still didn't know that I was pregnant and I was sure she would judge me considering her comment about it ruining my career. Quinn and I weren't extremely close either, so I justified not telling her. In fact, I hadn't told anyone.

"Fine, but I bet you'll change your mind once we're there!" she called, climbing into her silver car.

**********

"Just one drink," Quinn pleaded, basically holding her hands together and shaking them in my face.

"I really don't want to. I'm fine with water. I only came to spend time with you," I explained.

"Ugh, you're so boring!"

I rolled my eyes. "I know," I laughed.

The bartender, whose name is Jackson, walked over to us to check if we needed anything.

"We're good," Quinn told him, giving him a smile. I noticed he winked at her, which made me happy that she had someone. I hated to leave her alone since we were becoming friends.

"I better get going," I said twenty minutes later. "Michael and I have plans to watch a movie tonight."

"How is Mr. Famous?"

I laughed at her nickname for him. "He's good, he's on break now. It's still hard for me to think of him as famous."

"Do people ever come up to you, like while you're in town?"

"Surprisingly not so much. I guess when I'm out with him it happens more. When I'm by myself I don't think people recognize me as much," I shrugged. I remembered back to when I traveled to America to find Michael and girls had said rude things about me. It still happened, but I choose to ignore them.

"That's good though, I guess. I would get so annoyed if people kept walking up to me and asking for pictures or autographs or whatever else they do."

"Yeah. I guess I'm lucky," I smiled.

Michael's POV

Summer got home later than I expected, but I had set out the boxes of chinese take out on the coffee table.

"Aw, you didn't have to go through all this trouble," she told me, setting her violin and bag down by the door.

"I wanted to and I haven't eaten this in forever," I grinned.

She disappeared into our bedroom to return a few moments later, changed into a pair of shorts and one of my shirts. It didn't bother me that she kept stealing my shirts, I actually preferred them on her. She sank into the couch next to me and started to dish up from the white boxes.

"What movie are we gonna watch?"

"You pick," I told her, holding out a few DVDs.

"Definitely this," she answered, pointing to The Lego Movie. "I haven't seen it yet."

"You haven't seen it?" I raised my eyebrows in shock. "How have you not seen this?" I place the DVD in and sit back down to dish myself food.

She shrugged. "I don't watch many movies when you aren't here." I accepted her answer and began digging into my orange chicken.

Halfway through the movie, I pulled her to me. I wrapped my arms around her, burying my face in her hair. It smelled a mix of vanilla and flowers.

She seemed uncomfortable so I repositioned myself and she laid down, resting her head in my lap. "Better?" I asked. She nodded.

By the end of the movie, I could hear her snoring quietly. I carefully stood up, trying not to wake her. I picked her up, putting one arm under her knees and the other under her neck. I carried her to our room and covered her with the blankets. I softly closed the door and went back to the living room to clean up. I knew if I left the mess she would be mad in the morning.

Once I was finished, I got my laptop to write an email. I sent it to my parents, her dad, Adam, and the boys. I invited them to come to Summer's concert on Sunday. I knew it was short notice, being only two days away.

I sluggishly walked back to the bedroom, dressing down to my boxers and sliding in next to Summer. She was curled up in a ball now, like she was trying to hide, or protect herself from something. She had yet to tell me what was bothering her. I assumed it was just nerves about her audition, but I had this bad feeling it was something more. I closed my eyes and was happy to fall asleep to her soft snoring.

hi everyone (: I'm going out of town this weekend so I don't know if I'll be able to update. I hope everyone else has a great weekend. please vote and comment xx zoe