Chapter 46

Shit's gonna start happening.

_________

Bailey’s point of view

I went home from Liam’s that night alone, but not empty handed.

A plan was in place.

Liam had decided to let me in to explain myself. We sat up in his room while I went over everything, starting from the first time I saw him to when he told me what he was doing when I picked him up from the bar. Liam had been a good listener, nodding at the things I said while he sat with his arms crossed in his desk chair. He only began to talk when I told him that I was finished.

“So he just decided to harass you because you’ve bullied some people in your life?” He scoffed.

I picked at my nails. “Well, I mean, my friends are kind of like what you would call the “Big-Shots” of the school. They’re really good at taking bullying to an extreme, and I’m not exactly one to tell them to stop. I’ve done my fair share.”

He shrugged. “And so have I. It’s high school, not the rest of your life.”

“Well Niall isn’t looking at it that way,” I argued. “He’s become obsessed with this feeling of giving people what he thinks they deserve. Like some sort of karma thing. He got to see what it felt like to get his revenge on you. He felt like that’s what you deserved after you pushed him away when he needed you.”

Liam narrowed his eyes. “I didn’t deserve shit. He pushed me away. He pushed everyone away for fucks sake. I tried for weeks to get through to him, but he just ignored me. You think I just left one of my best mates at the drop of a pin? I tried so hard to get through to him. I asked everyone to try and help him, make him feel better. He just kept pushing and pushing, and I thought, you know, maybe he just needs space. Maybe I’m trying too hard. And the minute I leave his side he goes around saying I’m some dick that doesn’t care. Yeah, what I was doing with the steroids was wrong, but I was trying to get a hold on it. He fucking knew I was trying. He ruined everything for me. Where’s his karma?”

“That’s why I’m here, Liam.” I said gently.

“Go on,” he pressed, interested.

I peeled some of the polish from one of my nails. “We can be his karma.”

He leaned forward, unfolding his arms. “And how do you think we’re going to go about that?”

“You know Niall better than anyone. He’s at too much of an advantage where he is now. At my school no one knows him, no one has anything on him. But you, you know everything about him. If you just came with me you could use that against him.”

“So you want me to just pack a bag and go with you. Just like that.”

I hesitated. “Listen, I know it sounds crazy. It is crazy. I just can’t think of anything else to do. He says he’s using peoples biggest secrets against them. I let him get close to me, Liam, and I have no idea how much he knows. If I tell just anyone about this, he’ll still have that secret over my head. He has to have a reason to keep what he knows to himself. I will do anything to make sure whatever he’s found out stays hidden. You’re the only one who can help me at this point.” I was practically begging.

“What in the world could he have against you?”

“I told you, I’ll do anything to keep it hidden. It would change a lot of things about my life if anyone knew. You of all people should be able to understand that.” I was now pulling at the skin around my nails.

He sighed loudly and rubbed his hands over his face. He was quiet for a moment, appearing to be thinking about things. “I want to help you Bailey, but I just don’t see how this is going to work.”

“I have most of that worked out already,” I assured quickly. “There’s a motel by where I live. You can stay there. I’ll even help you pay for it and everything. If you stay there, I’ll be able to get to you much easier. You can keep tabs on Ni-”

“You’re not seeing my point here,” he stopped me. “That’s great and all, and yeah it would work, but how am I suppose to go downstairs and tell my mom that I’m just leaving?”

I sat thinking for a minute. I hadn’t really thought about that part since I wasn’t exactly worried what his parents were going to say. I just assumed that the hardest part would be convincing Liam.

I searched my brain for any option that would make sense. We both sat in silence for a good three minutes before I came up with something that might work.

“Do you have a job?”

“Ugh,” he grunted. “Don’t reminded me. My moms been up my ass about that.”

It took him only a second after he said it to realize what that meant. His eyes widened and he looked up at me. “That’s it, isn’t it?”

I smiled, satisfied. “We can tell you’re mom I’m an old friend. I heard about you dropping out of high school and thought you might need some financial help. I came here to see if you had a job, and since you don’t, I’m offering you one. All you have to do is come upstate with me.”

He slowly started nodding. “It would work. She’s always telling me to start working, and I know she’s getting kind of sick of me being here all the time. A mom can only take so much of a drop-out, I guess.”

“So you’re coming?” I asked.

He looked at me hard for a minute. “Give me some time. Just let me completely convince my mom, and I’ll drive up,” He stood from his seat and pulled out a bag from his closet, throwing on the floor near his dresser. “I’ve waited long enough to get the chance to do something like this. I also wouldn’t exactly want to be the reason whatever you’re hiding gets out, because you’re right, I do understand.”

Before I could stop myself, I stood and hugged him tightly. It was like there was a huge weight off my shoulders. With Liam, there was a chance that everything could be stopped. No damage, like nothing ever happened.

He hugged me back, but only quickly before he took my shoulders and pushed me back so he could look at me. “Just give me a couple days. I’ll give you my phone number so that  you’ll know how things are going and when I’ll be there. You can wait a couple days, right?”

I took a few steps back so that I wasn’t so closed. “Yes, a couple days it fine. Take your time. I know this is really a lot to ask so quickly.”

He shrugged. “I think that this is going to be a little fun,” Liam smirked.

I got home late that night, telling my mom that the show I saw with Caroline was great, but I wanted to stay in my own bed. She believed me.

I woke up Sunday to a text from Liam.

Liam: Mom’s taking it well. She’s happy if anything. Thinking I’ll be there by Tuesday.

Me: That sounds great. Let me know if anything changes.

I let Liam know where I lived and what motel I planned on having him stay in. It wasn’t the nicest place, but it was going to have to do. I was already worried about how I was going to get the money to help him pay for it. 

I was happy that Liam was going to be here. He seemed nice enough to me. For a guy that’s had everything taken away from him, he’s pretty level headed. And right now, just the sense of having him around would make me feel more comfortable. I don’t know what Niall’s planning on doing, but I can bet that the only person that might scare him enough to make him stop is Liam.

I just want Niall to stop.

If he knows my secret, things are going to be a lot worse for me.

Authors Note: I have a plan now. Plans are nice. I also think I'm in love with Dean Winchester (if you wanted to know)

-Carly