Chapter 11

*Bailey's point of view*

My alarm clock rang what felt like two hours early. I couldn't seem to figure out why I was so tired until I looked over and saw my phone charging on my bed side table. Then I remembered Niall. I sighed and forced myself to get out of bed even though every fiber in my body was telling me to stay put. There will be zero fucks given about my appearance today.

I threw on an old navy t-shirt that had Barnes and Noble written on it. My mom had won it when she went shopping one time and just gave it to me. I normally wore it as a pajama shirt which tells you how much I was trying. I put on a darker material pair of skinny jeans and my moccasins. I ran a brush through my hair and let it go natural with its slight wave. Of course I took the time to put on my normal make-up though. Caroline would have a fit if I didn't. She says make-up is what makes a girl and I guess she had a point.

I shoved what I need for the day into my bag, not worrying about the order. My eyes still felt heavy and I knew it was going to be a ruff day. It's not like I never stay up late, it's just that I don't on school nights. I could stay up all night on a weekend, but I would sleep for half of the day. 

I dragged my feet slowly down the stairs and saw my mother happily making eggs in the kitchen. God, how could someone be so cheery in the morning?

"Morning sweet-heart!" She said while turning to smile at me.

"Mm," was all I could manage.

"Well, I'll take that as a sign to keep my distance for the day," she said laughing.

I just sat at the counter and waited for my eggs. While I was waiting, I received a text from Caroline saying that she would be here in about ten minutes. When my mom sat the plate of eggs in front of me, I slowly picked at them only taking a few bits before I got up and brushed my teeth.

I walked through the kitchen pulling my bag onto my shoulder and kissing my mom on the cheek, "I'm going to wait outside. Hopefully some cold air will wake me up."

"Hopefully," my mom rolled her eyes, "Have a wonderful day at school."

"I'll try my best," I called back to her, closing the door behind me. 

I sat on my front porch for about five minutes. I had One Republic playing through my head phones and I was taping the beat on my leg. I was slowly starting to feel myself wake up, but I still felt pretty lousy.

Caroline soon pulled up in front of my house.

I pulled the headphones out of my ear as I got into the passenger seat.

"Hey Carol," I smiled.

"Hey," she looked me up and down. "Nice outfit."

"I was tired this morning. I told you on the first day of school. Looking nice is only a temporary thing for me. You should know this by now," I laughed.

She just shrugged and looked ahead at the road. The smile slowly faded from my face. She had started to act like this since the beginning of summer. It was like she was more uptight now. I could have sworn she wasn't this much of a bitch all the time last year and the years before that. It's like she was trying so hard to prove herself to people that already knew that she was on top. 

The rest of the ride was silent and I almost broke the car door while trying to get out so fast. We walked towards the school in silence, but she still looped her arm through mine. That was her silent way of telling me that she forgave me for looking like a slob.

"Be good in homeroom," she winked as she dropped my arm and walked off the in opposite direction. What was that suppose to mean? Oh yeah, it means stay away from Niall.

Well maybe I was sick and tired of being told what to do.

I had a moment of blind courage and I walked into the room and saw Niall sitting in his normal seat. He was wearing a Who shirt and ripped jeans. You could see his tattoos and arm muscles, and his beautiful blue eyes.

Okay lets not get carried away.

I walked over and sat down in my seat. When I turned to Niall next to me I could see his signature smirk.

"How are you Bailey?" He asked.

"Tired. How about you Niall?" I said facing him completely.

"Not too shabby. Did I keep you up too late last night?"

"No it's fine. I didn't mind," I shrugged.

"So it turns out that giving people a chance isn't all that bad is it?" He asked leaning closer.

"It's not terrible, but you're still creepy," I said.

"Creepy?" He leaned back again, "You think I'm creepy?"

"Well I wouldn't call forcibly walking someone to class and putting your number in their phone very endearing."

"Darn I thought I had you there," he joked. "But in all reality you wouldn't have given me a chance any other way. Caroline has you wrapped around her finger. What ever she does you shadow the move like some sidekick and we both know she doesn't like me."

I lowered my eyebrows, "Excuse me?"

"Common, don't pretend like you don't know. It's pretty clear that Caroline wears the pants in your friendship. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but seriously how many choices do you make because of Caroline? How many things have you not done because you were scared that she would judge you? She treats you as badly as she treats everyone else in this school and it's insane to me that you don't realize it," Niall said.

I just looked at him shocked. I could feel myself starting to get angry. I slowly turned and faced the front of the room crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh common, don't be like that," Niall whined. "I thought you knew."

"You thought I knew that it was obvious to everyone but me knew that my best friend hates me? There you go, you think you know everything," I snapped loud enough for him to hear.

Niall sighed, "All I'm saying is that you should do something that you want to do. Make a choice and don't think about what Caroline has to say about it."

"Like what Niall? What are you looking for that will prove that I'm not wrapped around her thumb?" I asked looking at him still angry.

"Go on a date with me."

I was momentarily taken back, but I quickly got myself together. "I thought you wanted me to make a choice that I would want to do?"

"Exactly," Niall smiled.

I turned and leaned in closer to him. "I don't know what you thought would happen after last night, but let me tell you that my feelings haven't changed. You are still the same person you were to me before. And no, it's not because of what Caroline tells me. I honestly do not like you nor would I ever want to go on a date with you," I lied through my teeth.

When he only stared back at me I slowly moved away and turned to star at the front of the room again.

It felt like an hour of sitting there, knowing he was still looking at me, until the bell rang. He immediately stood and pushed people out of his way in order to get to the door. I then saw Marcel quickly ran after him. A few people who I knew turned and looked at me as if to asked what had pissed him of so much. I just shrugged and mouthed the words "drama queen" while rolling my eyes.

At lunch I didn't say much, which is normal for me. Every once in a while I would look over to that table in the corner and catch Niall glaring at me before he would look away. I couldn't help but think that I might have taken it a bit too far. Okay I took it way too far, and I knew it.

I guess it's true what they say. Bitch is contagious.

Author - She told him. Even though she didn't mean it, but oh well. Again, I can't stress enough how amazing is is to hear your guys' feed back. It always makes my day to read your messages :) Thank you guy so much for your support and don't forget to read, comment, vote, and spread the word about Revenge!! :)

- Carly