Chapter 36

COMMENT AND VOTE BECAUSE UPDATE TWO DAYS IN A ROW?! IS THIS EVEN REAL LIFE?

__________

Bailey’s point of view:

I don’t think my heart could have been beating any faster than it was when I pulled into the empty lot. 

How could I have been so stupid?

I should have stayed back and just went home after dropping Caroline off. Curiosity seems to always get the best of me, and then it gets me into deep shit like this. I always knew that when Derek gets pissed, he gets really fucking pissed and now I was about to get the short end of the stick.

I put my car in park slowly, but Derek was already out of his car storming towards mine yelling at me to get out. I tried to take as much time as possible. 

I slowly opened the car door, but Derek wasn’t having it. I felt him swiftly unclip my seat belt and grasp my collar in a very unforgiving way. My head snapped back a little when he ripped me from my seat and pulled me out of the car. Somehow I was able to maintain some sort of balance and stay on my own two feet. 

“What the fuck were you doing following me, Bailey?!” Derek yelled.

“You’re cheating on Caroline,” I mumbled half heartedly.

“Yeah well guess what? That information will be staying between the two of us, because you don’t even know the half of it. I guarantee that what you saw in their is not even close to what was really happening. But that’s not even close to the point right now is it? How did you even know where I was?! Fucking stalking me Bailey?! Who do you think you are?! If you think for one second that you’re going to get away with this then you got another thing coming!” Derek screamed.

This whole time he had been getting closer and closer to me and I kept trying to take steps back without setting him off even more so than he was. By the time he was finished I could see the short fuse in his eyes finally explode and I was roughly shoved back onto the ground before I could even make a move to protest. 

Caroline had mentioned a few times about the short temper that Derek held, but she never seemed to want to go into detail about it. I think I finally understood why she never wanted to talk about it and why she wanted to get out of the restaurant before he could ever get the chance to see us.

I wonder how many times he’s done this to her.

I pushed myself up into a sitting position but I turned my head so that it was facing away from him. I scrunched my eyes up in anticipation to either some sort of physical or verbal blow, but it never came.

I heard Derek make some sort of struggle sound and I looked up to see someone pulling him back away from me.

Wait.

That’s not someone.

I was still trying to figure out if I was seeing the right thing as Niall pulled his fist back and slammed it into Derek’s jaw. There was no mercy in it whatsoever. 

Derek took a few steps backwards, his hand clutching the side of his face.

Niall’s chest was rising and falling like he had just run a marathon, but it was problem from the rush of punching someone. He waved his hand a little to try and get rid of the soreness from contact, but soon turned his attention to me. 

He took the few steps needed to get over to me and reached down to help me up with his good hand. I looked multiple times from his hand back up to his face and he urged me quickly to take it. In all honesty, it’s not like I had any other choice right now.