Chapter 29

November 15, 1991.

Freddie's P.O.V.

Oh lord. It's been a rough week. I wouldn't be this sick if it wasn't for this aggressive winter. I haven't been out in two weeks because it would literally kill me. Rosie said Queen should definitely take long ass break. She rejected every interview, and every offer to anything. She wouldn't even let me get out of bed lately. My cold seems endless, I get tired and irritated easily; try coughing every 5 seconds. It makes my chest hurt a lot, and not to mention those annoying random chills. I was 100% contagious I guess; Rosie took good precautions with everything; she said Celine was on higher risk on getting sick too. Speaking of Celine; she began taking piano lessons. I was going to teach her myself, but Rosie said it's better to hire a teacher so Celine would surprise me with her progress later. I hadn't seen her play yet; Rosie said they had been writing me a song which they would perform for me eventually. I could say Rose was in charge of everything to do with my life now, and every decision in this house was consulted to her first. We moved in to our room basically; we'd eat in our room, receive guests in our room, and have any gathering in there.

Today had been exhausting; I had shortness of breath since I woke up this morning. I felt bad for Celine; today was her first recital at school, and neither Rosie and me couldn't be there, but fortunately John and Veronica were there as part of her family since she's told us uncle John is her favorite. Robert said I must stay home for the rest of the year, or at least until London's  aggressive weather decides to stop fighting me. Rosie didn't even consider leaving me home alone this time, as the usual, she wanted to stay with me, and monitor every move I made. Sounds crazy, but she cared about me this way.

Rosie and I were laying in bed going through my old photo albums, and also our family pictures after we got married. My hands were ridiculously cold, so I was wearing gloves, and so was her; maybe she was playing along and didn't want to make me look stupid.

"Your eye liner is so perfect in here; it hurts!" she exclaimed holding an embarrassing picture of me back from 1975.

"Oh god, I don't even want to look at that dear" I said blushing. She was the last person on earth I would show those pictures to.

"Why are you doing that? You looked gorgeous! As always" She looked so fascinated and enamored as if I was the biggest thing in the world.

"Let's move to the band pictures" I said blushing even more. "Here, look at the young boys" I said passing the next album. She flipped through the album, but she was putting all her attention to me only  in every photo.

"Amazing" She said as she stared to a specific picture.

"What is it dear?"

"Brian's hairstyle... looks like it hasn't changed at all since he was born" she laughed so cute.

"I know right? Look at Roggie here. Look at those pink tennis shoes" I pointed to Roger's tiny feet.

"Who knew. Roger used to be very attractive." She said so innocently. My twisted mind laughed at how it sounded very offensive to me.

"Yes, he was"

"Why did you have to cut your hair?"

"That's an interesting question darling. Actually Freddie Mercury wanted to end some phase... and look different... mature y'know?" I drifted. For a second, I didn't know if I was making any sense.

"I love you anyway" She smiled and kissed my hand.

For some reason I couldn't say that back; I was unable to make a sound at that right moment.