Chapter 24

Rose Marie's P.O.V.

"Are we ready to start?" spoke the minister.

"Are we?" asked Freddie holding me; he looked very worried, and his face gave me the strength I needed; I don't know how, but I felt as if I just turned into someone else, just like that; just that quick. Where did anxious Rosie go?

"In a minute, I need to go to the restroom first" I randomly giggled –how could my body react like this out of a sudden anyway? Was I going nuts now?- as I quickly jump off Freddie's grip and ran to the restroom. I heard Freddie laugh quietly in relief as I disappeared. If only he knew it was more of a relief to me. I took a deep breath. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. "It'll be okay" "It has solution, it's not the end" "It was not your fault" "This is your special day" I said to myself, or was I lying to myself? I just killed a man. No, I didn't; he fell. Then why didn't you say anything when it happened? I knew I was thinking too much, and I if I kept doing it, I was going to end up like just few moments ago. I took another deep breath, and I threw some water at my face. It caught me off guard, even though I did it myself; that's how I knew I had some issues. "The water was cold; it must have been that" I said to myself again. This talking out loud with myself was starting to get creepy, so I decided to get back to reality; I was going to get out there and marry that man no matter what. I fixed my dress one more time, and walked out of restroom smiling. Freddie was there waiting for me impatiently.

"Rosie"

"Let's go get married" I took his hand and smiled as wide as I could. If I was going to jail tonight I might as well enjoy what I have left with him.

"Darling, I thought you were nervous because you didn't want to marry me; you had me worried"

"Why wouldn't I ? if that is what I've been longing to ever since I met you"

"I know sweety, but I-"

"I was nervous, but it was because I thought you were going to regret it" I lied.

"I'd rather die"

"Freddie..." The word love was quite small compared to Freddie; he was much more than that. The thought of losing him crossed my mind, and I couldn't help but shed a few tears.

"If you keep crying, you'll make me cry and I'm going to ruin my makeup too" he wiped my tears, and I laughed. I was going to be by his side forever no matter how hard I had to fight for that.

"Let's go, they'll think we both regretted getting wed if we don't show up" I said.

We walked there again, this time ready to start. As the ceremony went on, I couldn't concentrate; all I could think of was HIM. Not that man who tried to get me, but Freddie. I looked at him every five seconds. This was officially the best day of my life-if we forget 'uncle Darren'- and I couldn't wait to be called 'His wife'. I kept smiling like an idiot I think, and so did him; he looked so happy; he'd squeeze my hand every time the minister mentioned the word 'Marriage'. At least he was paying attention, and me? well, happiness took control of me. I was already imagining the following years of my life with him: Celine growing up, her first day of school, Roger and Brian still living in the house, the kids, and everything else; a true big family.

"Darling?" I woke up from my daydreaming as soon as Freddie spoke to me.

"Yes?" That was embarrassing; everyone noticed I wasn't paying attention because I heard Roger chuckle.

"I repeat, do you take this man as your lawfully wedded husband?"

I looked at him once again, and I hoped I didn't choke on my own words due to my excitement as I said "I do".