Chapter 4

Freddie's P.O.V.

Maybe I sounded like an idiot for saying that to Rose Marie. What if she got it wrong? She doesn't have to be here like in a jail forever; she's young and has a life ahead. She could get marry and leave this job, I didn't want her to think that she was forced to stay here, but Jesus! I didn't mean it that way! I feel embarrassed; maybe she thinks I'm some kind of twisted psychopath. Somehow she makes me feel complete; I didn't know something was missing until her arrival, I didn't know I kind of felt alone at home. Plus she's super fun to talk to, why wouldn't anyone love to have her around all the time. It's 3:00 A.M. now, and again I can't sleep, this time not only because of what I told Rose, but because today I felt weird. Not long after Rosie arrived the boys and I had a little chat with her to make her feel at home. She watched as we recorded and all of that, I could tell she already got used to being around in the music environment and that he gets to be around the band a lot. The thing started when Roger got drunk, no surprised of that, usually leaves drunk from this house, but this time he was the last one to leave. He was constantly flirting with Rosie and she was very patient with that. What a sweetie. I don't know what It is but it made me feel uncomfortable and I wanted to kick the kid's ass. When Roger left he kissed Rose Marie's cheek. I don't know if that made feel a protective father or I felt he was stealing my nurse. I know it sounds stupid and maybe it's childish, but UGH! I don't know !

I'm tired of trying to sleep; my bed doesn't feel comfy now so I got up. I sat there for a few minutes trying to think of something to do. Nothing. I walked over the kitchen; I was thirsty so I wanted to grab a glass of water, maybe Champaign, who knows? As I was entering the kitchen I reached out my hand trying to find the light switch but I couldn't, it was so dark and I tripped on something trying the find the damn switch. I fell hard on my butt  making a big noise, I probably woke the neighbors.

"AUUUUCH" I let out a whine. I got up cursing in the dark and found the light switch and turned on the light. I sighed heavy and turned around to face the table. There was Rose Marie, standing beside the table holding a glass of milk petrified looking at me as if trying to say something. Then she spoke.

"Freddie are you ok?" she said putting the glass on the table and running to me grabbing my arm and checking me from head to toes with a worried look.

"Yeah, yes, I am darling" I told her a slightly surprised. I didn't expect her to be there.

"You tripped on this " she said holding a bottle of vodka.

"Roger" I said rolling my eyes and she giggled. I laughed. "So why are you awake darling?"

"uh, well, I couldn't sleep so I came here and grabbed a glass of milk, if it's not too much bother" she said half smiling and looked down quickly.

"Of course not dear, this is your house too" I said.

"Thank you Freddie" she grinned and sat down on the table.

"So I guess this makes a sleepover night" I said as I walked over the fridge and got out a jar with water.

"Yeah... It's nice. I loved staying up late when I was younger" she said smiling and looking at her glass.

"When you were younger? How old are you dear?" I asked sitting in the chair across from her.

"22" she replied. I somehow saw that coming, she looked younger than that but considering that she is already working as a nurse she must have been older than 18 although she still looks like a high school student.

"Wow, you're young"

"That's what everybody says" she shrugged

"So dear, Robert said you just moved to London, but what about that time I saw you in that hospital?"