Chapter one: A Rip In Worlds

Ikebukuro, City streets, 2:30 PM

Something otherworldly happened. Something unexplainable.

No one was there to see it, nor was anyone there to hear it.

A rip between worlds formed.

A rip between the past and the present. A rip between countries and continents. A rip between space and time.

And just as quickly as it formed, it disappeared. Into a puff of mystery and darkness.

Leaving many questions behind. As well as a few visitors.

What act of the supernatural was Ikebukuro in for this week?

Ikebukuro, Raira academy, 3:00 PM

It was a simple cold autumn afternoon in Ikebukuro. Cherry Blossom Leaves from the last spring fell and decorated the city pavement outside the school gates, as the dismissal bell rang throughout the area.

It was the time of year when high school students would pile out of the classrooms, running towards their afterschool activities and clubs. And no matter what they were doing, whether it be calligraphy or swimming, they would be rugged up in thick scarves and woolen mittens.

Some students on the other hand wouldn't, and those lucky students would quietly stroll home for a night of homework, internet chat rooms, and gossip. Although, they would still be rugged up in the years freezing weather conditions. Two of those students were second years, Mikado Ryuugumine and Anri Sonohara.

The couple slowly trotted out of the school gates, greeting each other to the leaf protected pavement like it was the safest haven it the world. On the outside the two teens looked like any other pair of innocent high school lovers, their bodies tenderly shoulder to shoulder on their walk home in the autumn air.

But they were anything but that.

The boy, on the outside appeared small and fragile, with a soft babyface.

On the inside he had a hidden dark side, as the city's more feared and powerful gang leader. Although the gang was mainly centered around the internet, that didn't stop the boy from reigning power, even if he had to hide it from everyone he knew, especially his closest friends and family.

The girl, also held a dark side, this one being even more complicated and controlling. She appeared as a small, adorable and shy young lady, maybe even a nerd from her large round glasses.

However, on the inside she was a literal monster. Her body was infused with an ancient demon blade that craved love. Something she could not understand. And even though the girl could control this beast, it had become one with her.

Despite the pairs secrets they found ways to act normal, even as they calmly walked home. They giggled and chatted about the standard teen things, like school work, friendship, celebrities and alike, completely unaware of their abnormalities. They knew how to be ordinary.

As they passed the local park Mikado swiftly turned to the girl beside him, his hand quickly flicking his cellphone out of his uniforms pocket, like he had received an urgent message. And with his internet gang secret, he probably had.

A scrunched look of concern plastered the young teens face as he read the notifications on his phone. He didn't want to upset Anri, so he calmly hid his features as quickly as they had come, like changing a mask.