Ramona pointed at me, nodding in agreement with the statement I had made.

Jackson's eyes grew wide, "She amigo-ed me yesterday! What do I do?"

"Once you're in the friend zone, you can never get out." Ramona said.

I frowned, knowing what it felt like to be put into a friend zone that you'll most likely never get out of.

"You can get out." Becky said, making Jackson and I both listen. "Just show her you want to be more than friends. Girls love it when guys do something romantic."

"Like all the roses in the living room?" Jackson asked.

"Exactly." She smiled, "What does Lola like?"

"Ohh! She wants her own horse." Ramona said.

"Oh boy," Becky groaned

"What else does she like?" Jackson questioned.

"M&Ms." Ramona replied.

He smiled, "Now we're talking. I'll get her 1,000 M&Ms."

"But only the red ones." Ramona interrupted.

"They all taste the same." Jackson and I said at the same time.

"It's just little chocolate pieces covered in...I don't know what, but it tastes good." I continued

"Hey, friend zone." Becky said making Jackson turn. "You wanna be right, or you wanna be happy?"

___________

After their conversation, Jackson went right to work on his project. I sat on his bed, watching him pick out 1,000 of the red M&M's, eating the other colors when he wasn't paying attention.

I sat on Jackson's bed watching him pick out 1000 red M&Ms.

"997, 998, 999... ahhh I'm one red short." He said, frustrated

"Just hide a red skittle, she won't know." I suggested

"Genius!" He cried, throwing his hands up.

Jackson and I left his project to look for a snack, before coming back to find the M&Ms jar empty with a note inside.

Lola had, apparently, checked "yes" on the box that said " Do you want to hang out with me Saturday."

I felt my heart clench, but put on a happy face so he wouldn't worry about me. I wanted Jackson to be happy, and if that meant I would have to suffer a little, I was okay with it.

"Lola checked yes? Oh, thank you!" He turned to me, "Aren't you happy for me?"

I smiled lightly, "Yeah, I am. I'm going to go to the bathroom."

He ignored the last part, too focused on the letter, so I quickly made my way out of his room.

I headed to Steph's room, hoping to find some sort of advice.

"Steph?" I asked, stepping into her room.

"He-," She turned then noticed my flushed cheeks and upset expression, "What's wrong?"

"Lola's going out with Jackson on Saturday." I said

"Oh, honey. I'm so sorry." She replied, hugging me.

"What should I do?" I asked, feeling a bit helpless at the moment

"Maybe tell him how you feel." She suggested

"And jeopardize any kind of chance he has with Lola? No way." I replied, shaking my head in denial

"Whatever happens won't matter, you and Jackson have been best friends since you were in diapers. You could never lose that. I promise." She assured me, smiling.

"Maybe. It's a risk, but maybe I do need to put myself first for once." I commented

__________

After my talk with Steph, I went upstairs to find Jackson. I found him in his room with Lola, Ramona, and Max.

"What's going on?" I asked, noticing Max hanging off of Jackson's shoulders.

"Turns out Max checked the box, but Lola still said yes to going out on Saturday." He whispered to me

"Oh, that's great!" I whispered back with fake enthusiasm.

"We have a signed contract, you have to hang out with me on Saturday." Max argued

"It's okay." Lola said, "Max can come, too."

I quietly laughed at the though of Max third-wheeling on Jackson and Lola's sage.

"Saturday's a group hang at the mall, you can come too, Farrah." Lola suggested, looking from Jackson to me

"Yeah. Me, Lola, and twelve of our best friends." Ramona continued

"Sure, sounds fun." I agreed, glad I got to go and hoping I'd find something good at the mall

"So, I'm going to go to the mall with Max, my best friend, Ramona, and twelve other people?" Jackson asked.

"Right." Lola confirmed

"But you'll be there too?" He asked, unsurely.

I rolled my eyes at the boy's blatant obliviousness. Of course she'd go on the 'date' she just invited you to.

"Yeah." She said

"Sweet" He said with a huge smile.

That night, after finding out the flowers were from Jesse to Becky, Jackson and I made our way to the porch steps.

"Wow, I can't believe it. I'm going out with Lola." He excitedly declared

"And twelve other people." I reminded him

"Who cares" He dismissed, dreamily.

Now or never, Farrah. Who knows how well this date could go for him.

"Uh, Jackson?" I asked

He turned to look at me, "Yeah?"

I sighed, "I...uh. I really like you."

He smiled and stood up, causing me immediately stand up with him, filled with excitement.

"I like you too, you're my best friend. Goodnight." He said, hugging me before making his way inside

"That's not the way I meant it ." I said after he walked in the house.

I sighed and sat back down on the steps. I guess it's never.

__________

I am soooo sorry for not updating lately. I've had a chaotic week and I had volunteer work all day. I promise I am writing several chapter tonight and will be posting a lot this weekend and next week. Thank you for making me #8 in fuller House. Also I'd really love some suggestions or comments. Thanks guys.