Come Thru (Camren One Shot)

Lauren’s POV

The heavy hip hop bass was blasting through my speakers as I drove through the familiar neighborhood. It was a strange feeling whenever I was back in Miami. Every time I was away, it felt a little more like home coming back. Reading the street names had a soothing effect on me. It was so easy to get lost in all the glory and phoniness of what I did sometimes. Being back in my home town sparked the desire to be who I was before my music career had taken off.

I was the biggest newcomer in the urban scene and my EP had sold extremely well. Now it was time to focus on the full-length album and that was why I was back. Still, I had a sudden urge to feel more bonded to my past and ended up exactly where I had ended up many times before.

Parking my new black Mercedes in front of the small house, there were so many memories coming back that I had a hard time focusing on getting out my phone. I didn’t hesitate and looked for the name belonging to the person hopefully still living in that house: Camila.

“Hello?” I heard the husky voice picking up and smiled instantly.

“Hey, it’s Lauren”, my answer was casual but I had a new number and we hadn’t talked in a while so I wanted to be upfront. I didn’t get a response for a few seconds and decided to speak up again. “Hello?”

“Yeah, sorry”, Camila then finally replied. “I thought it was a prank call or something.”

“What are you doing?” I asked nonchalantly and had turned down the music.

“Oh you know. I just got home from my five course dinner at a noble restaurant, after my helicopter ride and now I’m taking a champagne bath”, the younger one of us clearly joked and I laughed mildly.

“Sounds pretty good”, I smirked even if she didn’t see it. “You’re living the life.”

“Yeah right”, she scoffed. “I’m actually doing laundry and will then eat some leftover Chinese food. But what are you doing is the more pressing question? Flying all over the world, I assume.”

“What if I told you that I am parked in front of your house?”

“I’d tell you to stop fucking with me”, the voice on the other end laughed.

“Come outside and see for yourself”, I suggested and there was silence again.

“Give me a second”, Camila then said quietly and hung up.

I couldn’t help myself but smile at the idea of seeing my old friend again. Getting out of the car, I walked around it and leaned against the passenger door to wait for her. It had been eight or nine months since we had last seen each other. The fact that she was still talking to me did wonders to my mood though. She never held a grudge when I went off to do my thing and for that I really admired her.

A lot had changed since our teenager years. I was 22 by now but I never forgot about the girl I had met at 15. Apparently it was mutual. Whenever I was back in Miami, we ended up seeing each other and hooking up. We never dated officially because neither of us had felt ready but we had experienced a lot together. She was the first girl I had had sex with and although there had never been a title on it, and we had both dated other people throughout, we always came back to each other somehow: Until I had left to pursue my dreams and wasn’t bound in Miami anymore. The last times I had come back though, we still hooked up and I was hoping we might rekindle that flame tonight. But it wasn’t the only reason since I simply wanted to see her regardless.

I lifted my gaze when I heard the front door opening. Her arms were crossed, walking slowly and she had that devilish smirk on her face that caused my body to tingle already. Eyeing her up and down as she came closer, I was in awe of how hot she was. She wore a pair of very short, black hot pants and red crop-top that basically revealed her entire toned stomach. Her hair was falling wildly in little waves and everything about her screamed raw sensuality. I reciprocated her smirk and met her brown eyes as she reached me with her arms still crossed.