"Dear lord, a curse has appeared huh? First General Whon and our King, now the prince? May Mary have mercy on the Kim's."

Jungkook looked up from his plate to look at the chef who had spoken.

"Sir Jungkook! The prince needs you!"

"But you called out for the guards, besides he didnt want to see me around him anymore as far im concerned."

"He asked for you! Go now! Theres a dead man on his carpet, I nearly fainted," the maid said, making Jungkook raise his brow and put down his fork. Without hesitation, the young man ran towards the stairs and reached the princes chambers.

There sat the prince eating his breakfast as the dead man laid on the carpet. "Seems as though you have taken care of the situation," Jungkook said, making the prince turn and look at him.

"Why are you here?"

"You called for me, did you not?"

"You would be the last person I would call, bring me the guards and have them take care of this body," Taehyung said as he turned around again and finished his fruits.

Jungkook frowned and softly chuckled, making the prince turn to him. "What is so funny?"

"The King never told us you would be a sassy character, do you remember seeing me at all?" Jungkook asked, wondering why the prince was so...cold towards him.

"All I know of you is that you are General Whons son, is that correct?"

Jungkook slowly shook his head and Taehyung nodded.

"Go get the guards please, this dead man needs to be taken care of."

"Yes Prince."

Jungkook nodded and turned around.

"Guards, the prince needs you in his chambers," Jungkook said, facing the guards that nodded and quickly ran out.

"Young man, you havent visited the church, General Whon would like to see your face there once before the ceremony."

Jungkook looked up at the sound of the priest. He bowed his head and sadly looked down.

"I am sorry Father Hope, I just dont think I can handle seeing him in his casket again."

"Yes, death is hard but for the future General, I would have thought you would be more braver, huh kid? I know its hard, but I know his soul will rest better knowing you have gone. He was like a father to you, I know what it feels like to lose a father figure. Go, it will help you son," the priest said, his long robes grazing the floor as he turned towards the stairs.

"General Whon, why must you leave us at this time?" Jungkook asked as he sighed in pain and walked towards the church.

Colorful glass stained windows drowned the church with reds and blues, making the pews stand out with their dark brown wood. Jungkook slowly approached the casket that had been placed in the center of the church. Flowers were surrounding the casket, other items like swords and helmets littered the place as well.

"General Whon, guide me will you? What should I do? Who am I without you? Most importantly, who is the army without you? We need you here with us, you wouldve done whatever to save the kings life. I was too distracted to save him General, I am not suited for this."

Without another word, Jungkook turned around and patted the casket. He walked away and looked up at the entrace of the church, noticing the grand white cross.

"I am ready to take the position."

Taehyung kneeled in front of the priest and bowed.

"Your father would be proud. I remember you running around in the church pews and messing with Mary's flowers. Are you sure you are ready to be crowned?"

"A war has been declared, this village needs a king now, I am willing to give them my soul. I can handle it, I was trained for this."

The priest frowned sadly as he noticed the fear in the princes eyes. However, the thought of a war spreading was eating away at his thoughts.

"You shall be crowned in two days. I shall inform the village."

Taehyung nooded as he stood up and bowed again at the priest. "We need to get a new general as well. I have a suggestion," the priest said before Taehyung left the room.

"Who?"

"Jeon Jungkook of course."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂️

Authors note:

Father Hope is not Hoseok! I was thinking about it but I changed my mind and decided not to. Thanks for reading!!!

For the King (Vkook/Taekook)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें