1. Washington D.C.

Year: 2014. Month: April. Location: Washington D.C. Two years after the incident in New York. Two years of being in New York brought back a too many memories. Jessie and Steve moved to Washington D.C. working for S.H.I.E.L.D. and to help move on in life after being unfrozen. Steve has written down a list of things he was suggested to getting into checking out. It was 5 o'clock in the morning. Steve and Jessie were taking an early morning jog. There was only one other person out. An African American man who was wearing grey shorts, a grey t-shirt, and white sneakers. Steve was in a full run, always passing by the guy. Jessie was jogging slightly behind the other man.

"On your left," she heard Steve say while he ran by. It happened again thirty minutes later. "On your left."

"Uh huh, on my left, got it," the man said. After another thirty minutes, Jessie and the man heard Steve running up behind them. Jessie looked behind her.

"Oh, man, don't say it," she yelled to Steve.

"On your left," he said running by.

"Oh come on, Steven!" Jessie started to chase after him. The man she was jogging behind started to laugh, no curiosity as to why both Jessie and Steve could run so fast. "You wanna race, old man?"

"You bet, old lady." They ran by the man, both saying "On your left." He tried to chase after them, but gave up after running a couple feet. After another lap, they stopped, finding the man resting against a tree. It was now brighter out and more people were out either running, walking, or riding a bike.

"Need a medic?" Steve asked walking over to the man with Jessie following. The man laughed.

"I need a new set of lungs," he replied. "Dude, you just ran 13 miles in 30 minutes, adding on two more laps racing your lady here."

"Guess he got a late start," Jessie said.

"My 'lady'?" Steve questioned confused for a minute before realizing. "Oh, you think her and I are a thing." Jessie laughed.

"Hey, I can't be the one to judge," the man said, chuckling. "Man, you should be ashamed of yourself running like that. You should just take another lap... Did you just take it? I assume you just did."

"What unit you in?"

"58th Para-Rescue. But now I'm working down at the VA. Sam Wilson." He held his hand up as Steve grabbed it, helping him up.

"Steve Rogers."

"She doesn't talk much, huh?"

"Not really. This here is Jessie Evans."

"I gotta put that together. Must've freaked you both out coming home after the defrosting thing."

"Takes some getting used to. It's good to meet you, Sam." Steve began to walk away. Jessie stayed where she was as she got a text from Natasha saying to meet her at the curb since the three had a mission.

"It's your bed, right?"

"What's that?" Jessie looked up.

"Your bed, it's too soft. When I was over there I slept on the ground and used rocks for pillows like a caveman. Now I'm home, lying on my bed, and it's like-"

"Lying on a marshmallow. Feel like I'm going to sink right to the floor. How long?"

"Two tours. You must miss the good ol' days, huh? You and Jessie?"

"Well. Things aren't so bad. Foods a lot better, we used to boil things. No polio's good. Internet. So helpful. Been trying my best to catch up on that. Jessie has been getting used to it more than I have, though she was unfrozen half a year before me." Sam chuckled.