viii.

—

"midoriya-kun, is out of bounds! and the winner is [l/n]-chan!" midnight bellowed.

the picture of the [h/c] haired girl had appeared on the screen, and the crowd went wild over the girl's victory.

"she's good to work under me, i like her!"

"she's so strong!"

"she's like an unbeatable god!"

[y/n] clutched her knees and wheezed and heaved, trying to balance her breath. she felt the feeling of wanting to throw up once again, but she tried to spread out her nerves to not focus on the urge of throwing up. or that could've been the aftermath of the pain that surged through her stomach from the large impact that midoriya did to her.

as for midoriya, he felt embarrassed. he thought he would've beaten [y/n], but considering that she was a recommended student, he knew at that point that he didn't really have a chance to beat her and her powerful quirk.

he unraveled his arms from his hand and stared at his hand, a light blush and sweatshops falling and cascading on his face. he then felt his heart beginning to race. the same hand he stared at, was the same on that grazed [y/n]'s arm and that also punched her in the stomach, accidentally.

"the awards ceremony will commence shortly!" the announcer went off.

— [ Time Skip ] —

there stood the top three winners for the sports festival. todoroki placed third, while midoriya surprisingly placed second, and [y/n] who placed first.

the girl glanced over to her best friend, concerned about the fight that midoriya and todoroki had in the 1-on-1 duel. all might stood on the podium, placed the medal around todoroki's neck, and then embraced him. he said a few wise words that were inaudible due to the loud crowd, but nonetheless, it was most likely personal.

all might then went over to midoriya's podium and placed the medal around him. he then did the same and embraced him and spoke wise words to the green haired boy, and also said for him to go see recovery girl after the ceremony.

all might then walked towards the [h/c] haired girl. he then smiled his signature smile and held the medal in his hands.

"young [l/n]! congratulations on placing first in the festival!"

all might then placed the medal around [y/n]'s neck and then embraced her warmly. he then began to give her the small wise words as well, "don't ever give up on becoming a hero. you have such a strong support system almost as big as mine!"

the two chuckled at the thought and then all might continued, "also, don't let that disease get to you. please find a way to cure it. i don't want you to leave the surface. you're too young to go too soon."

the [e/c] eyed girl's eyes widen in shock, "h-how did you..."

"i saw you and young todoroki in the hallways running, and you were clutching your stomach and overheard the word 'washroom'. so i grew concerned and followed the both of you until i heard you speak to young todoroki."

[y/n] eyes grew glossy and she began to sob softly against all might's arm. all might rubbed small circles and patted her back gently and soothingly, relaxing the girl from crying furthermore.

"it's safe with me, don't worry. however, i will tell recovery girl to check up on you, since she is the nurse and should know about this." all might spoke softly.

the female nodded and then smiled towards her favoured hero, "thank you, all might."

the bigger male flashed a salute, which made the girl giggle and then spoke once again, "once again, congratulations to young [l/n]! and congratulations to the top three winners!"

the crowd roared once again, applauding the trio standing on the podium.

— [ Time Skip ] —

the [h/c] haired teen began to walk home with her best friend by her side, talking about whatever. unbeknownst to her, todoroki had seen a certain green haired boy and a brunette haired girl walking in the distance. todoroki grew concerned, worried that the disease will act up within you again.

although, it was too late. [y/n] was already throwing up blood and slight larger clusters of petals and vines combined. she placed her right hand against the wall to support her, while her left arm clutched her stomach in pain.

todoroki's heart sank as he stood next to his dearest friend and rubber her back soothingly, trying to relax her.

"i'm sorry this has to happen to you, [y/n]..." todoroki whispered, still audible for the girl to hear.

[y/n] smiled sadly through the pain she was in, "it's not your fault shouto, don't worry."

the two other teens that were way in front of the duo looked behind them, hearing the wrenching sounds of hurling.

"do you hear that?" uraraka asked, concerned.

midoriya nodded his head, "yeah. maybe it's just a drunk person throwing up leftovers from the night before."

uraraka internally grew worried of who that could potentially be. she knew that it had to be someone from u.a, because no drunk person could actually wander into this peaceful environment.

they began to walk again and the hurling continued until they couldn't hear it anymore.

back to where todoroki and [y/n] were, the girl kept continuing to throw up more and more petals, until the became to slowly stop coming up and the pain subsided, until it will return again.

[y/n] gazed up to her bi-haired friend with glossy eyes and tears flowed down her beautiful features. todoroki took in her image; her blood stained lips, tear filled [e/c] eyes, flushed cheeks. she was in pain. and todoroki felt useless not being able to help her.

todoroki then grabbed the girl's wrist and pulled her closely to him and embraced her tightly, but not suffocating her. he kissed her forehead affectionately and comfortingly and rocked back and forth, cooing sweet nothings to her.

the bi-haired boy then felt his school shirt being soaked in sorrowful tears from [y/n], but he didn't care. at that point, todoroki then felt his mismatched eyes brimming with tears as well.

he truly didn't want his best friend to die so young. he loves her too much for her to leave so soon...