Chapter Two.

♧Rainie's POV ♧
After my little Mason experience, I went straight behind the bleachers.  I planned on skipping sixth period. We were getting a Sub today and come on, it's history.

It's not like I'm a bad student. I'm not, I just don't like some subjects.

But I get good grades in all my subjects, I just can't handle bad grades,you know.

I sit in the bleachers staring into nothing at all. My mind wonders off to Mason.

Why in God's mighty name would Mason Ace talk to me? It's not like he knows what I look like anyway.

That's just the thing with me. No one has seen know how I look. Well not anyone in this school that is.

Why you ask?  Well,  I do my make up such that my skin appears whiter than it really is.
I have black contacts on so no one knows my  true eye color.  My lips, let's just say that's the only thing I haven't found a way of hiding. But it's pink color is always behind black lipstick.

My real eye color is green with gold specks. Weird, I know. But it's always been that way.
My skin is actually olive.

I always dress my hair down. My eyes are barely visible because I bring them all the way to my face.

I'm naturally a brunette but my hair is dyed black.

Yes, I'm one if those girls. Black make up, black dressing black  hair, basically everything black.

But I wasn't always like this. I started all this three years ago. I was a happy child with three siblings. Lilly, my little sister, Joey, my older brother, and Raine, my identical twin.

Three years ago, my family was in an accident. I wasn't in the car and neither was my mom. She and I stayed back to wait for our relatives.

We were flying to Florida for one of the annual family gatherings. I was so excited to go but my mom stopped me saying I had to stay back and help her out when the rest came over.

I was really sad that I was being separated from my sisters.

Later that night, I heard something break in the kitchen and I hurried to see what was going on.

*Flashback*

"Mom, "what is going on. I looked at my mom who was currently on the floor.

She lifted her face and I saw tears flowing gently. I looked at the phone on the floor beside her and somehow I knew.

"Mom, mom. What's going on? It's dad isn't it? Mom, talk to me. Mom..."I was shaking her my voice breaking. She looked up at me and pulled me to an embrace.

"Mom? "I whisper against her chest.

She pushed me gently so that I was looking  at her.

"Baby, uh, your dad was in an accident. Along with Raine, Joey and Lilly. "She says. "We have to go to the hospital. "

Everything around me went blank as the news sinked in.

Accident. Dad. Raine. Joey. Lilly. No.

We walked into the hospital but my vision was blurred from crying.

"It'll be okay baby, "my mom whispers.

"Uh, I'm here for Jonah Myers, Raine Myers, Lilly Myres  and Joey? " my mom tells the nurse at the reception.

"That'll  be Ward 89 for Joey and Ward 90 for Lilly, Jonah and Raine are in the ICU, "she says handing us a card.

We walk in the direction of the wards. We meet a doctor coming from Joey's Ward.

"Are you here to see him? " he asks us.
"Uh, yes. I'm his mom. Is it okay if we see him? " she asks.
"Yes, sure. He's the one who was least hurt. He should be fine, "he says  and walks out.

My heart drops when I see my brother, my rock asleep on that bed. Looking so helpless. So hurt and broken.

My mom says something to him but im too numb to understand anything she says.

I feel her tap my shoulder and says something and walks out of the room.

I walk to his bed and it pains me to see him like this.

"So you decided to do this to me Joe. To just..."I cut myself off and wipe my tears. "Joe. Please don't leave me. Please, don't do this to me. Wake up and tell me this is all a prank. Get up and tickle me till I can't take it anymore. "I whisper to him and reach out to hold his hand. It's cold. Reminding me that I might lose him.

"Honey, let's go to Lilly's room now, "she says and I reluctantly leave my brother's hand.

She pushes open her door and slowly pushes me in. "Go on, I've had my time with her, "she says when I hesitate.

I walk in and nearly drop dead by the sight before me. A million tubes are connected to my baby sister's body. I go and hold her tiny hand not believing what I was seeing. How could life be so cruel to a baby. She's only four  for goodness sake.

"I love you,you love me. We're best friends as friends should be, with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you, we're one happy family, " I sing softly as I patted her head looking at her tiny frame all frail and helpless on her bed.

"Promise me you'll wake up Lilly. I still have to beat your ass at charades okay. And scold you for having a boyfriend and embarrass the hell out of you. Please Lill wake up. For me? " I whisper the last part.

"Rainie? " a foreign voice said and I turned. "Uh, your mom is calling you. She's in the lobby, " the lady said and I nodded.

I walked to the lobby and found my mom in the arms of my aunt, Grisel. My cousin, uncle, my best friend and his mom were also here.

"Mom? " I said when I was close enough.

She saw me and immediately wiped away her  tears.
"Baby. I'm from seeing dad and Raine. While I was there the uh, the doctor asked me to leave so he could run some tests on them." She paused and sniffles, "he, he came out and told me that they, Raine and your dad, they died, " she stopped and looked  at me waiting for my reaction.

I saw my mom focus on something or someone behind me before collapsing in more tears. "Mom, mom what's wrong? "

She looked at me and held my shoulders. "Lilly, " she whispered.

"She's gone too? "I asked and she slowly nodded.  I got up and sped out of the hospital.

I ran on and on until I got to the clearing in the forest. My place. I fell on the ground and tears flowed down my cheeks uncontrollably.

My phone was blaring with texts from Jerry, my best friend and calls from mom and aunt Grisel. I shut it and lay on the ground and let sorrow drown me.

*End Of Flashback*

I touched my face and felt wetness from the tears.

Three years, and it still hurt as shit.

I stayed there for a while until I got Jerry's text. He's still at our old school.

Jay : Ice cream?
Me : you know it.

I press send and get up to go to our ice cream place.