Chapter One

♤Mason's POV ♤
I Choked on my soda at what Keith had just said. He was giving everyone dares, don't ask why, and for some reason I got to ask Rainie Myres out.

"What the fuck bro, Rainie?  Rainie freaking Myres! "I yelled and the rest of the table was looking at me amusedly.
"Tell me you're kidding, "I say hopefully looking at Keith but I was met with devious brown eyes. "I'm not kidding, and I think now is your chance, " he said pointing the corner where she was settling down and I groaned. "Good luck Ace, " Jake yelled behind me.  I muttered a series of profanities as I adjusted my bag's strap.

I stood in front of her table and she looked up at me blankly, "you're blocking the light, " she said and continued drawing whatever it is she was drawing.

I still stood there looking at her as I tried to form words. I was brought back by a slam on the table. "Okay Ace, since you won't leave, tell me, what do you want? " she says with a fake smile.  I grinned, "you, " I say and her eyes rolled.

She gathered her stuff and got up from her bench. "Wait, you're leaving? " i ask but she ignores me and walks out of the cafeteria.

I run after her and I hear Snickers from my table, "Fuck you Keith, " I yell before getting out of the cafeteria after her.

"Rainie, hold up, " I say and she ignores me.  Of course, I think to myself. I grab her arm and pin her against the wall and her eyes widen. She did not expect me to do this. I smirk and lean in.

"You know Cupcake, I don't really appreciate being ignored, "I whisper and lean back. Her face is now over the shock and she smiles. Her hands make their way behind my neck and she pulls me close.

Before I know it my face comes to hard contact with her knee and she bends right to my ear, "You know Asshole, I don't really like being cornered, " she whispers.

I look up while holding my bleeding nose to see her gone in the crowd. That really hurt.

"That's got to hurt, " I look behind and meet the pink faces of my five best friends, or should I say traitors. They we're holding in laughter.

"I'm sorry but I have to laugh, "Jace says and breaks down laughing soon having the rest follow.

"Yeah ,yeah, Rainie beat Mason up. Lets all laugh and die while we're at it, " I say throwing my hands in the air.

"Geez, what crawled up his butt and died, " Theo whispered to Luke,"I have no idea but I think it's got something to do with Rainie rejecting him, " Luke whispers back.

"I'm right here you know,I literally heard everything, "I say.  "We know, you we're supposed to hear, "Theo says shrugging.
"I've got to get to class, "I mutter turning away.

"Rejection won't be subtle even if you run away Mase, "Jake yells after me and I turn and run after him. "Oh no, papa bear's mad. I got to run guys, "he tells the guys and runs yelling, "I haven't kissed Jennifer Lawrence yet, don't send me to pretty boy heaven, "

I tackle him to the ground and do what I know will anger him most, I pinch his nipples. Hard.  "Awwe, Mason. "He yells and I get off him and run to save my ass while doing a little dance. 

"Did you kids finish your game? " Keith asks as we get to the parking lot.

I smirk and look at a really  angry Jake.  I reach out and hug him, "Awe, I'm sorry Jakie, " I say mockingly and hug him tightly.

"I hate you Mason, " he whispers glares at me. "No you don't baby, " I say and poke his cheek.

"Okay, let's go since we're  all here, "Jace says and gets into the driver seat. Along with him are Keith and Jake who runs and says he can't be in a car with me.

I go to my blue Mustang along with Theo and drive behind Jace to his house.

As I drive my mind wonders off to Rainie. As much as I don't want to admit it, her rejection hurt my ego.

Theo was on his phone most of the time. "What's going on bro, is there something going on with you? " I ask jokingly.
"No, no .why would you think that. No. He responds a bit to quick and my eyebrows furrow.

"Okay, just asking, "I say as I pull into Jace's house.

"Took you long enough, "Jake mutters when we get to the basement. "Wanna say that louder? "I ask Jake to which he shakes his head. "Keith... ""Mason... " Keith says to me.

"Real mature Jake, "I say as he removes his tongue at me.

"Who's up for pool " Luke says walking into the basement. He had to drop his sister off at home before he came over.

"Yes please," Jake says and hurries over to the pool table.  I know he may seem clueless, which he is most of the time, but he's a monster at pool. No one has ever beat him. I know. Shocker.

"I picked the wrong game didn't I, "Luke whispered as we walked to the pool table to which he got three glares and one smirking face from Jake.

"Why don't you just quit Ace, we all know you won't win, "Jake says while chalking his pole.

"You of all people should know I never back down Parker. "I say addressing him in his surname.

"Oh, just like you didn't back down from asking Rainie out? "Luke snickers behind me sending the entire room laughing.

"I feel like I'm the most laughed at these days. What happened to making fun of Jake? "I say.

"He hasn't made a fool of himself recently...though we can't say the same about you, " this time it's Theo who speaks and I'm even more offended because this is the first time he's speaking.

"That's it, I'm outta here, " I say dropping my pole.

"You going to cry Ace?" I send a death glare at Luke before I begin going up the stairs.

"But you're my ride home, " Theo yells. "Figure it out, short stuff. "I yell back.

I'll show them. They think I can't get Rainie to go out with me? Well challenge accepted!

My grip tightens on the wheel as I drive home.