- 5 -

The brightly lit up sun, burned in the sky making the dry badlands hotter than it already was. Right now, it was the afternoon making the sun hotter than it was in the morning. I waved my hand in front of me as Calem and I traveled through the deserted landscape.

Although it would have been better to go another way to get to Lumiose City, this was the fastest and apparently easiest way to get there, but it sure is hot. I'm actually really glad we went to the store to get items because we wouldn't have been able to survive this harsh weather.

"It's...so...hot!" Calem complained; his jacket tied around his waist, showing off his white shirt and his glasses on his face while he waved his hat in front of him, "Is there any sign of life anywhere?"

"I don't know, but I'll check if you want," I took out my device from my bag, but soon an area of shade caught my attention, "Hey, let's go and take a break over there. We haven't taken a break since we first left, so this is a good opportunity to catch our breaths and drink some water."

"That sounds great," Calem agreed and began to walk over there with me following after him as I looked down at my device. Soon we arrived at the shade and sat down to rest our aching legs, "Have you discovered anything?"

"No. It says there's no signal, so it can't do anything," I growled, tapping the screen multiple times to get some signal and even when I stood up to search for some service, I didn't find anything. With an annoyed sigh, I sat down on the rock that faced Calem and began to take a drink out of my water, "This is ridiculous."

"I know," Calem took off his backpack, searching around for something. He then took out five Pokeballs from his backpack.

"What are you doing?" I asked him in a confused tone as I waved my hand in front of my face.

"I'm letting them out of their Pokeballs, so they could stretch their limbs and drink some water," he explained, "Just because they are in their Pokeballs doesn't mean they can't stay hydrated. All of you out!"

"You're right," I agreed with him and got out my Pokemon's Pokeballs. I then threw them in the air, "Everyone, come on out!"

Ten Pokemon appeared in front of us as they all let out a cry.

"Braix..."

"Gar, Gen?"

"Drag, Nair."

"Charizard!"

"Luc, Rio!"

"Chesnaught?"

"Alt, Altaria."

"Clef, Clef!"

"Meowstic, Meow."

"Absol."

"Here. Drink plenty of water, you need to stay hydrated," I advised them, taking multiple cups out and hanging one to each of them including Calem's.

"Feel good?" Calem asked them and they all happily responded back, "That's great, but the only dilemma is that it's way too humid and there's no breeze to help us cool off."

Right after he said that a huge gust of wind began to start around us and we looked up to see Charizard and Altaria using their wings to cool us down and create some fresh breeze. I waved my hand up at them.

"Thanks a lot, Charizard, Altaria," I appreciated them as I kept waving at them.

"That feels pleasant," Calem commented, leaning slightly back and I did the same.

After a while of our Pokemon playing around and the Flying Pokemon cooling us down, they stopped. We looked up at them in confusion, watching as they were focused on something intently. Worried about them, I called out to them.