"Jesus Reed, I'm comin', i'm comin'!" you shouted to him, but he didn't stopped pushing the horn until he could finally start driving.

"What took you so long? You needed to go to the bathroom to fix your mascara or what? You didn't really make a good work with that by the way." he said smiling.

"Shut it, or else next time, I see you sleeping on patrol, I will put mascara on your face. And it will be waterproof..." you said laying back in the seat.

Gavin's car was really comfortable, and probably that's why you tried to convince him to take you home after work. Of course he didn't agreed but somehow you ended up in this car time to time.

"You are scaring me." he said, but laughed at the end so I knew he wasn't serious.

The crime scene wasn't far away, but it still took some time to get there. For an unknown reason there were much more cars on the streets than usually.

Reed drove quietly, and sometimes he glanced at me. I put my head to the window, and shut my eyes. It was a long day, I decided to rest a bit before arriving at the scene. Not to sleep just so I won't see all the lights of the slowly wintry Detroit.

From behind my eyelids I saw the streetlights passing by.

"You know that tomorrow they will announce who will work with me, right?" Gavin asked, pretending that he doesn't care at all.

"Sure. I hope I can be Lieutenant Anderson's new partner." I whispered.

"Why him? Because of those android cases?"

"Yeah. I find them fascinating. I really love to talk to them , because they are not like human. Most human only do a confession because it is afraid of any harm. But with the androids we can only make some harm. Or nothing at all. The one way to convince them to do a confession is to be rational with them."

"You really do love those asses, aren't you?"

"I do."

"You know that neither Anderson likes them, right? Because the first time he has a chance he will get off these cases."

"You hate them too. And not like anyone at the station likes them beside me."

At this moment you finally arrived at the crime scene and you almost jumped out from the car.

The scene was almost empty. All the civilians were told to go home expect a few witnesses who waited next to a police car and there was the fast food truck in the middle of the street turned a bit so noone could drive next of it. It probably slipped since it had one flat tire. Right now the time was suny but you could see that there will be some rain soon. The clouds waited at the horizont to reach the sky above you.

"What do you want to start with?" you asked Reed.

"I want to talk with the witnesses first. If we wait too much their story might change."

"You try to say that they will lie?"

"No. They just color the story a bit. But that could be enough to give us a false lead and get us on a wrong path."

Without waiting any more time he left you alne. You went to take a closer look on the truck. You crouched down to the flat tire and inspected the hole. It seemed like it was ripped apart. It either had too much pressure in it or someoe might have tried to make a clue disappear. You asked a guy who was working nearby.

"Sorry! What happened with this tire?"

"It either exploded or someone cut it out. Why?"

"Because it doesn't look like a cut at al." you said as you laid down on the floor. Good thing it's not raining yet. "Is there a chance we could lift the truck and remove the tire?"

Falling skiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें