Chapter 7

Soccer balls kept coming, hurtling at Morgan. The coach blew his whistle.

"Richards, catch the balls or get out of the net!" Yelled Coach Bulk.

Coach Bulk was a burly man. He had been teaching physical education and coaching the sports teams at Savley High for thirteen years. He hated how small Savley is and wanted to move out of town to work at a collage.

Morgan ran out of the net. I hate goalie. I'd rather use my speed in midfield. Morgan thought. The track team past by Morgan as she got a sip of water. I wish I tried out for track.

Morgan loved soccer but hated playing goalie. She had always been fast and deeply wanted to use her speed. On her old interleauge team, Freedom, she played midfield. But Coach Bulk forced her to play goalie, her weak point.

"Alright, practice is over girls. There's a game Monday." Announced Coach Bulk.

The girl's all went to the locker room. The boy's football team was coming out of the boy's locker room as the girl's were heading in to there locker room. All the girl's gawped at Ross as he and the rest of the team passed them. Ross barley noticed them. He smiled at Morgan as he passed her.

Morgan came out of the locker room and sat on the bench in front of the school. She was waiting for her parents to pick her up. Her phone buzzed. She got a text message from her mother. It read 'stuck at the store, can't pick you up, sorry baby.' Morgan groaned as she got up and started walking home. Her house was seven miles from the school.

This is going to be torture! Morgan thought.

                                                                            ***

Robert looked down at the sleeping Jamie. Finally resting in peace. He thought. Jamie hadn't shown a single sign of a nightmare since this morning. Robert stroked her hair gently. Jamie smiled in her sleep.

Suddenly, Morgan stormed in and slammed the door. Jamie tightened her grip on Robert at the sudden noise.

"It's just Morgan. " Robert said soothingly. Morgan knelt down next to them.

"What was the loud bang?" Jamie asked, her face still hidden against Robert's chest.

"The door slammed." Robert said. Jamie lifted her head. Robert smiled at her.

"Why are you two cuddling?" Asked Morgan.

Jamie immediately blushed and sat up. "Uh...um...well." Jamie stammered nervously.

Jamie's stammering and blushing? She likes him! Morgan thought. "Tell me later. Right now I'm beat. I had to walk all the way home." Morgan groaned. She got up and flopped on her bed. She instantly fell asleep.

Jamie looked at the clock. It read twelve thirty. Robert sat up next to her. Jamie punched Robert's arm.

"What was that for?" Robert asked, annoyed.

"Why didn't you wake me up when she wasn't back?" Jamie asked angrily.

"One, I wasn't sure if she went anywhere after. Two, I fell asleep. I woke up about five minutes before she got back." He answered.

Jamie calmed down. "Sorry for punching you. I was just annoyed because I thought you didn't care she wasn't back." Jamie admitted.

"I still don't completely trust her. But I know she's important to you, so I'll look out for her.: Robert said.

"Thanks." Jamie says as she gives him a quick hug.

The phones started ringing. Morgan groaned as she rolled out of bed and went into the living room to grab one of the phones.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Hey Morgan. Want to hang out?" Asked Ross on the other end.

"Say yes." Whispered Jamie.

"Yes?" Morgan questioned.

"Greta. I'll meet come by in an hour. Is that okay?" Ross asked.

Jamie nodded her head yes. "Sure, that'll be perfect." Morgan said.

"Okay. See you in an hour. Bye." Ross said.

"Bye." Morgan said. She hung up. "Are you crazy?" She asked Jamie.

"It's just hanging out. Unless I take an advantage of being invisible." Jamie teased.

Robert came in. "Robert please keep her out of trouble." Morgan begged.

"I've been trying to do that since day one. I don't think anyone can keep her out of complete trouble." Robert said.

"Jamie please don't mess this up for me. It's bad enough you made me say yes." Morgan said.

"I'm coming. Whether you like it or not." Jamie said. She turned and started walking back to Morgan's room. "I'm going to go find you something to wear."

"Please keep her out of trouble." Morgan asked.

"Only if you don't mention what happened in Claire's." Robert said.

"Deal." Morgan said. "So you like my best friend?"

Robert's cheeks flooded red. He walked through the walls into Morgan's room. Morgan giggled as she walked into her room. Robert likes Jamie. Jamie likes Robert. Now if only I knew how Ross felt about me.  Morgan thought.