Chapter 11

Robert walked out of Morgan's house. He started walking down the street. A part of him wanted to go check out the house on Thonre Street, but another part of him thought the place should be left alone. He soon found himself outside of the house. He hit his face in annoyance. He walked into the backyard.

Like last time, candles were lit in the play house. He went in. He saw the nine tenths candle started to turn black. It also looked as if wax had been put onto it although it was hard to tell. The room was very cold even though the candles were burning brightly. Robert made his finger solid and put it near the flame. The flame was ice cold.

Robert drew his hand back. The candles flames turned from yellow to blue. The temperature dropped ten degrees as the door opened. A little girl walked in. She sat down in one of the seats.

"Sit down." The little girl said. Robert looked around and didn't see anyone. "There's no reason to stand when there's a seat right her mister." Robert started to walk out. "Don't go. I haven't had a friend here in so long." Robert turns to face the girl. She was staring right at him. He pointed at himself. "Yes you."

Robert sat on the second chair. The girl poured tea into a cup. She offered Robert some and he took it. He sipped it cautiously. How does this kid see me? I'm in spirit form. Is she a ghost? She can't be. Robert thought.

"My name is Kat, with a 'k'. What's your name?" Asked the little girl.

Robert didn't think it would be wise to trust her. Even if she's only about six. "My name's Nathaniel." He almost choked on the name. Out of all the name's he had to choose that one.

"Nice to meet you Nathaniel." Kat said. The girl's kindness was creeping Robert out. "If you don't mind me asking, why did you come to my playhouse?"

Robert pointed at the candles. Kat giggled. "Oh, those. My grandmother likes having them around. She comes and has tea with me. She should be here soon. So you should leave." Kat said. "Good-bye Nathaniel."

Robert walked out of the house. He looked up at the sky. The moon was starting to set. I really need to get a watch.

                                                                           ***

When Robert returned Morgan was fast asleep in her bed. Jamie had her back to Robert. She looked fast asleep. Robert laid down next to her. He remembered a time when he was living how when he was feeling un-easy he would coil his arms around a pillow. The next thing he knew his arms were wrapped around Jamie.

Jamie's head turned slightly. Robert saw she was awake and uncoiled his arms. He sat up and scratched the back of his neck nervously. Jamie smiled warmly at him. Robert stopped scratching his neck.

"How come you came back late?" Jamie asked.

"Lost track of time." Robert said.

"Then maybe you should take this." Jamie handed Robert a wrist watch. He put it on his wrist. "I saw it at the mall earlier and thought you could use it."

Robert smiled. "Thanks."

Robert laid down. His arms went around Jamie again. As he went to remove them, Jamie's hand went over Robert's hand. Robert blushed. He laid his head down and pulled Jamie closer. The two soon fell asleep.

                                                                                 ***

Morgan woke up early that morning. A nightmare kept crawling it's way into Morgan's dreams. In the nightmare Morgan was being chased by someone. Jamie was being chased with her. But her and Jamie looked different. They were wearing long, white dresses. Morgan wasn't wearing shoes for some reason and she was wearing a floppy hat with her hair in a bun. Jamie was wearing boots that were big on her and her hair down. The strangest part was that both Morgan's ring and Jamie's locket looked brand new.

Morgan sat up on her bed and looked at the clock. It was six in the morning. Morgan looked around for the remote for her television. Once she found it, it wouldn't work. The batteries were dead. She got up and walked towards her desk. She looked around and didn't see Robert or Jamie anywhere. Must have went for a walk or something. Morgan thought. Morgan took a step near her desk.

"Ow." Morgan jumped at the voice and looked down. She felt a chill when Robert  suddenly came into view. Morgan had stepped on his head.

"Sorry." Morgan whispered.

Morgan felt another chill as Jamie soon came into view. Robert was holding her very close to him. Jamie started to blush nervously and disappeared again. Sometimes she can be the shyest girl in the world. Morgan thought. Morgan grabbed the batteries and sat down near where Jamie was.

"Jamie, are you alright?" Morgan whispered.

Morgan felt a sudden chill when Jamie came back into view. She was holding her left upper arm with her right hand and was rubbing it. Morgan knew very well that this was what Jamie did when she felt guilty or embarrassed about something.

Morgan leaned in and whispered to Jamie. "You can tell me later." Morgan smiled at her and Jamie smiled back.

"Why are you up anyway?" Jamie asked.

"The same weird nightmare." Morgan said.

"What nightmare?" Robert asked.

"This nightmare where Jamie and I are being chased in these weird outfits." Morgan explained simply.

Robert paid close attention. "Anything else peculiar about these nightmares?"

"Well besides the long white dresses, me being barefoot, Jamie wearing big boots, then the only other thing is that my ring and Jamie's locket looked brand new." Morgan said.

Robert's eyes grew wide in what seemed like fear. Jamie started to get nervous, she's never seen Robert scared about anything. If he was scared about Morgan's nightmare, something really bad must be going on.

Jamie finally broke the, what seemed like hours but was only a few minutes, of silence. "Why do you seem scared?"

Robert snapped out of his daze. "Nothing. Just reminded me of something." Robert said.

Jamie looked at him with concern. She didn't believe it. She has always had these strange feelings when something was wrong. They have never failed her before. She had those feelings now. A feeling you get when the eerie music starts to play before the killer comes out in a horror. She knew right then that there was a secret, a secret she planned to uncover.