I wonder...

I wonder what the world was like 100's of years ago when people could walk outside without wearing oxygen masks? I wonder what the sky was like when it was blue 100's of years ago before it turned gray? The world 100's of years ago is gone, it's changed. My teachers have told me that humans were warned that the Earth would become destroyed, but we still didn't listen. Us humans continued to use plastic and continued to dump it into the oceans, and by 2059 all the oceans were full of trash. 

That still didn't stop us, no we kept thinking "It's just the ocean, we still have the land and the sky," but next we messed up the sky. Humans continued to pollute the air with factories and by 2074 the sky became gray and no longer blue, and we couldn't breathe the air anymore. 

Now, that got some people's  attention, but it still wasn't enough and the humans continued. We thought "Oh well, we still have our beautiful land," but that was next to go. The humans continued to litter all over the ground and to use plastic and to make more and more landfills until by 2098  we had to move underground because the surface became too full of trash for us. 

That's how long it took the humans, us,  to realize that we needed to change, it took us until we had forced ourselves to move underground. I wonder almost every day what the blue clear ocean had looked like, or what fresh air tasted like? But I'll never know that because the humans didn't take care of our earth, our planet that is now practically dead. I wish we, the people could've done it differently and would've taken care of our problems instead of ignoring them until they took over our planet and forced us underground. It was our duty, and we failed, and every day I wonder what life above was like when the world was clean and still fresh with life. I wonder what it was like 100's of years ago when we actually took care of our earth.