Part 17

"He's been hanging around for a few days" Edward breaks the news to Harry.

"A few days? Ed, why didn't you tell me?" Harry asks upset.

They are both standing in the kitchen, having a drink while cleaning up dinner. Louis is sitting on the couch reading a book while he waits for Harry and Edward to finish cleaning up and get his bottle ready.

"Because, I know you worry about his safety, you lay awake the whole night when I told you Troy was in Doncaster" Edward says.

"Just because I worry about it doesn't mean you keep it from me, I wouldn't have taken Louis out" Harry says.

"We can't live like that H, can't keep Louis in the house just incase" Edward says.

"We can if it means he's safe" Harry says.

"Babe, he's safe, the boys and I are working on it, we got some good leads today, we will catch him, I promise" Edward reassures.

"Why you fighting, is it me?" Louis asks cutely as he comes into the kitchen in his Spider-Man pyjamas and hair done neatly after his bath, he's clutching blue in his hand.

"Ohh we're not fighting bug, it's okay" Edward says as he comes to pick Louis up. He puts Louis on the bench and Harry and Edward stand in front of him.

"We didn't mean to scare you or upset you darling" Harry says.

"You, love each other right?" Louis asks,

"Yes bug, we love each other so much, almost as much as we love you" Edward says bopping Louis on the nose.

Louis smiles.

"Daddy E guess what?" Louis says excitedly.

"What baby boy?" Edward smiles lovingly.

"Daddy H and I tell you that the whole shop was swimming at me today" Louis says happily.

"Swimming at you?" Edward asks holding back his laugh, he looks to Harry for clarification.

Harry laughs.

"Swooning, Louis had a fair few fans today" Harry says.

"Ohhhhh you did, did you??? You're going to be a heartbreaker I just know it" Edward jokes kissing Louis head.

'I no break them" Louis says pouting.

"Ohhh bug you're adorable" Harry says.

"Time for a bottle and bed I think" Edward then says.

"I think I sleep with you tonight, Kay" Louis says matter of factly.

The boys chuckle.

"And whys that bug?" Edward asks, waiting to hear what funny answer Louis comes up with.

"Cause the man at the shop come get me" Louis says

Edward and Harry freeze, they then look at each other, Harry swore Louis didn't see Troy today

"What man sweetheart?" Harry asks, his throat is dry and he swallows thickly.

"The man that follow us, when the swimming lady talked to us and when we pay the lady with the magic card, he was there and he did this to me" Louis says.

Louis then pretends his sleeping holding his hands under his head then he lifts his head and pulls his thumb across his throat.

Edward and Harry are flawed, why would someone do that to a child, how could anyone scare their boy like that.

"Oh my god" Harry says under his breath.

"No one is coming to get you kiddo, we promise you okay. No one will hurt you" Edward says.

"You sure? He didn't look nice" Louis says.

"Why didn't you tell me at the shops darling" Harry asks he's a little upset he didn't notice and wasn't there to protect Louis emotionally.

"I sorry, don't be mad, I didn't know!" Louis says upset.

"You're not in trouble baby, next time you tell daddy, I'll keep you safe okay" Harry says sincerely.

"Okay daddy, I'm sorry" Louis says.

"Don't be bug, daddy H just loves you so much that he wants you to be safe" Edward says.

"Loves me so much that I sleep with you and read our love me book, Kay" Louis says cutely.

Harry and Edward can't help their wide smiles.

"Anything for you bug" Harry says.

Harry and Edward bring Louis up to their bedroom, Harry settles down with Louis and Edward gets their book, Harry feeds Louis his bottle while Edward reads their book. After Louis is tucked in tightly, the boys kiss him goodnight and go to finish cleaning the kitchen and decide to watch a movie.

"Why would he do that to him Ed?" Harry asks as they settle down in the lounge with a glass of wine each.

"Because he's a sick bastard that I'm going to put away for a long time" Edward says.

"We're lucky Louis wasn't triggered" Harry says.

"I know, he's trusting us enough to stay in headspace longer, I don't want anything ruining that" Edward says.

"The fact that he stayed under even after that is such a great sign" Harry says.

"I love him to death H, He's just adorable" Edward says fondly.

"Let's take him out tomorrow, I think we could all use a day together" Harry says.

"Good idea, I have to drop into the station first thing but we could go up to the beach?" Edward suggests.

"Perfect, just what we need I think" Harry agrees.

They settle down to watch their movie, keeping an ear out for Louis.

......

The next morning Harry and Edward have their day bags and the car packed before Louis even gets up. They aren't planning to come back until after dinner tonight so want to get an early start.

"Good morning bug" Edward says as he comes into their room, Louis is sitting up in bed waiting for Edward and Harry to come and get him.

Louis yawns in response and rubs his eye.

"We are going to have a fun day today, we've got a surprise for you" Edward says as he picks Louis up.

"Surprise for me?" Louis asks.

"Yep we are going in the car after breakfast" Edward says.

"To the grocery store?" Louis asks.

Edward laughs.

"No bug, to the beach!" Edward says.

"Beach!" Louis repeats having actually no idea about the beach.

Edward and Harry make quick work of breakfast and dressing Louis in his jeans, vans and a yellow sweater with "I know I'm cute" written on the front.

They all get into the car, Harry handing Louis his sippy cup and blue as they begin to drive.

"We just have to stop at the station for a bit okay Lou!" Edward says.

"No beach?" Louis asks,

"Soon, just a little stop at work first" Edward says.

Louis sits back and looks out the window, none of them noticing the black van following them six cars away,