Chapter 7

It seems you have brought an animal and a thief along with you, how nice." Magneto felt both pleased and a little wary to find that 'Wolverine' and the mutant that they had gone to free were following behind him instead of cozying up to Xavier. They would likely be of great help to the cause but there was a spark in their eyes that left no doubt in his mind that they were not here because they believed in his goals. "As long as they both remain quiet they shouldn't be too much of a problem, hopefully."

Mystique eyed both mutants with a fair amount of distaste. She had never forgiven the feral for clawing her before and the other looked to be two parts pervert and one part thief. She pulled Harry over to the wall next to the pilot's seat and made sure he was comfortable before shooting a glare at the males that let them know that they were most certainly not welcome.

"Xavier will no doubt stop the human president from declaring outright war on mutants so we will have to find some other way to show him how humans really are." Magneto was unhappy that his plans for terminating the human race were foiled but Harry would likely have taken the painful death of his human family very badly and a pissed off mutant of Harry's caliber was not something that he wanted to ever have to deal with. "Is there anything that we should immediately be wary of little one?"

Harry leaned his head back and let his power seep through the walls of the helicopter gently as it lifted off. He had learned long ago that having too much of his power touch anything electrical while it was running never ended up being a good thing. His power widened once it was free of the craft and continued outward searching for anything that could be harmful or helpful in Magneto's eyes and the results were slim at best.

"For right now it doesn't look like there will be anything happening for quite some time. Xavier and his mutants are headed toward the White House and the military is still holding and will likely continue to do so after Xavier talks the President down. Most mutants appear to be staying low to the ground for the moment, trying to keep out of the public eye. There is something going on in the private sector but it will be a while longer before that bears any fruit. The only thing that is currently of interest is that there is one child among Xavier's brood that wishes to join you, he's the fire wielding one." Harry didn't even open his eyes as he spoke and went quiet shortly after to lean against the wall and slip into a light doze. His powers were very great but putting such a level of control on them to keep the helicopter afloat was taxing at best.

{X}

John was a hothead and he was more than aware of the fact that it had nothing to do with his ability to control fire. He had always been the odd one out, the one that didn't quite fit in no matter where he was. He was an outcast before his powers showed themselves and he had thought that he would finally fit in when he was invited to a school full of mutants just like him, but they weren't like him at all.

All of the students and teachers were all for blending into the normal world and letting no one know that they were mutants. It was almost like they were trying to be something that they weren't just so normal people would feel 'safe'. He wanted to be a mutant, he loved the fact that he was more powerful than the bullies that used to terrorize him and that he wasn't someone that could be ignored or pushed to the side anymore.

Bobby was someone that he had thought that he could relate to but that was only until his little girlfriend showed up. Now the only thing he seemed to think about was how to make her happy and being nice to everyone to show her just how good of a boyfriend he was, it was sickening and John had had enough.

All the professors are holed up in the lower level talking about who knows what when he gathers his things and slips passed the snoring Bobby and into the hall. Its almost too easy to slip down the stairs and out the front door and he takes a deep breath and makes for the front gate. They'll never understand that sometimes its better to stand up than bow out. Humans have been the top of the food chain for far too long and its about time for someone to show them that evolution hasn't passed them by.

{X}

Logan couldn't quite keep the smirk off his face when they landed in the woods behind a rather nice looking neighborhood and Magneto and Mystique immediately got ready to get off. "This isn't what one expects when you think about one of the most war minded mutants on the planet. Isn't this a bit too close to suburbia for you?"

Harry was the one to answer as he stood and stretched out, completely missing the two appreciative mutants staring at him do it. "This is where my family lives and it is serving as a temporary base for Magneto until he finds somewhere more secure."

"Won't the helicopter in the woods kind of make it hard to keep a low profile?" Remy got up and followed the others off with the feral right behind him.

Harry barely looked at either of them before waving a negligent hand at the helicopter and watched dispassionately as it almost seemed to liquefy before dissolving into thin air. "No."

{X}

"Albus, its been almost five years since Harry was supposed to join Hogwarts and the public will not be pacified much longer." Fudge hated few things in his life but talking to Albus Dumbledore was definitely on the top of that short list. The man had been handing him excuse after excuse about why the savior of the wizarding world was not attending Hogwarts and why the goblins were more than a little amused with any and all attempts to look into the boy's vaults for some kind of clue. "They will not keep accepting your flimsy excuses any longer, especially with the rise of the Dark Lord looming over them. If you know where he is then I suggest you speak up and if not tell me so that the Ministry can conduct their own search."

"You shouldn't speak to Dumbledore like that, he knows what is for the best." Molly Weasley had been unfortunately present when he had entered the office and refused to leave, rather annoying on the whole.

The old man's eyes were filled with their normal twinkle as he looked to the ceiling and stroked his beard. "The boy's family only interacted with our world long enough to find out what they wanted to know and then they disappeared off the radar completely. I have been trying to get a lock on the boy's power but he is either not using his magic or he is in a highly congested zone that is hiding his magic. There are only a few places in the world like that but they are rather large places to search unfortunately. I have no doubt that Petunia, his aunt, would likely only choose a country that spoke English in a manner that she could accept, she's just a touch stuck up, which leaves Australia or the United States. I have already sent multiple searches through both countries and I am sure that they will find the boy and his family shortly Cornelius. All you need to tell the public is that the boy will be coming back from his training to save them soon enough."

Fudge could feel the rage rising but he pushed it down with supreme effort. "The public is unconcerned with him coming back to 'save' them, that's what the Auror squads are for. They want to make sure that nothing has happened to the boy that gave us the long reprieve from the war. In fact the majority of the public doesn't want him brought back to England if he is abroad, they just want to know that he is safe and happy, especially with all the talk about mutants sprouting up all over the world and the threat of exposure that they pose among the muggle population. I will be sending small squads of the Ministry searchers out to locate him and make sure that he is safe. Just be aware that if you drag that young man back to this country against his will there will be no sympathy forthcoming from the Ministry or the populace. Good day Albus."

{X}

"What are we going to do about Magneto and the others?" Storm knew that Xavier was still tired from the whole ordeal but there was no time to sit by and let the world carry on without them. Harry was powerful and seemed to have no concept of the war other than what he was told to do by his family. Of course the reason that a human family would want him to help the one mutant that wanted to subjugate the entire race or kill them was beyond her.

Xavier rubbed the bridge of his nose as he tried, somewhat vainly to quell his rising headache. "For now Erik will likely lay low and regroup before trying anything to further his goals. He will also likely have to change his goals to maintain whatever alliance he has with Harry and his family, which he will gladly do to keep such a powerful boy on his side. For now we will just have to do our own regrouping and hope that whatever he comes up with next is something we can handle in time."