Chapter 6

"If we split into two groups we should be able to get everyone important out of here before anything happens." Harry tilted his head to the side and looked over the group slowly two times before looking back at Magneto. "The only mutant other than the professor that could be salvaged is the one that is still in control of himself. He is deeper within the complex and it would be unwise to go after him with a large group. It should only require Wolverine, to handle the physical tasks, and myself to free him and get him back to the jet. The rest of you should focus on getting the professor free and getting out without coming into contact with the female mutant at all. She is stronger that most of you and is every bit as altered as Wolverine."

Both Magneto and Mystique looked more than ready to argue that that was more than enough reason to have the brute with them, but a grinning Logan didn't even give them a chance to open their mouths before grabbing the young mutant by the hand and pulling him away. "We'll meet you back outside before you know it."

Logan didn't stop pulling Harry down the tunnel until he was completely sure that no one was going to follow them before stopping and letting go before switching to a more normal pace. "So, do you know exactly where this other mutant is or just a general direction?"

"I know his exact location though the proper way to get to him is not known to me. We will need to go down one level and thirty yards to the right before we will reach the room that he is being held in. There are several human guards between here and there and I am sure that one of them is aware of which tunnels we will need." Harry's voice was even as he tried to think of the best course of action.

"Can't you just break into one of their minds and pluck that info straight out of it?" Logan kept an eye on the boy and noticed how he instantly tensed for a moment before he relaxed and continued with a very slightly annoyed look on his face.

"The helmets that the men are wearing allow a certain amount of protection against telepathy, they are probably based off of the one that Magneto wears. I cannot break completely through it, I know where they are but that is the only thing that I can accomplish at this time. There are several humans in the complex that are not wearing helmets, but they are all in the other's path, not ours." Harry didn't stop walking the entire time he had been talking and he noticed with a slight amount of annoyance that Logan hadn't even had to put that much effort into keeping up. "There are two humans in the next room."

Logan gave a feral grin as he stalked to the door quietly and looked through the small window toward the top and motioned Harry to stay right where he was. "I won't be long little one."

Remy knew that something out there had to have it in for him. Every time he thought that things were going his way something had to come along and turn everything sideways and backwards. He escaped the island only to get hauled back by that overbearing feral, Logan. Then he manages to keep away from the government for years before getting thrown in this damned cell by the same human monster that managed Three Mile. The prick actually tried to use some messed up liquid crap from his own son to control him. The only thing that would make this complete would be for the feral to show up.

Remy would later remember not to wish for things like that. The sudden commotion and the sound of gunshots brought him from the pathetic excuse for a cot to a crouch as he waited for something to happen, the restraints squeaked in protest but moved accordingly.

"Well now, what do we have here?" A voice that Remy wasn't all that sure that he wanted to hear rang through the room as the door swung open with an audible squeak and Remy was treated to the sight of Logan in all his glory looking the same damned age he had before, though Remy hadn't aged much either, not that he was going to complain about that. "Never would have thought that you would be the mutant that the little one found." The man smirked and cut him loose before turning to the door and addressing one of the most delicious looking boys that Remy had ever seen. "This one might be pretty useful to have around if we keep a good eye on him, he's dealt with Stryker before."

"That would be useful as it seems as if some of the others are about to have some trouble with the other mutant similar to you while Striker attempts to get away." The boy looked up for a minute before assessing them both. "They should be more than capable of handling it themselves but it seems as if the two groups have separated with Magneto choosing to follow Stryker and the X-men are going after the mutant. I am bound to follow Magneto out but neither of you are."

"I may not like the metal bending old man but spending a little time with a sweet thing like you more than makes up for it." Logan looked the boy up and down like a wolf would look at a lamb before licking his lips and prowling toward the door as the boy swiveled to look Remy in the eye.

"For once Remy is agreeing wit the mutt, stickin' wit you would be much more entertainin' cher." Remy stretched out until his back popped several wonderful times before prowling toward the cute little mutant. "Remy thinks that he will have plenty of fun with this Magneto if something as pretty as you is around to look at."

"Where the hell is that damn mutt?!" Scott paced back and forth with a look on his face that could probably kill. "It shouldn't have taken that long to get one mutant loose and make his way back here."

Professor Xavier closed his eyes and leaned his head back for a moment or two before opening his eyes and letting out a bone-weary sigh. "It appears as if Logan and the others are not heading in our direction. It appears as if they are heading toward Mystique and Magneto's location on the other side."

"Logan's going to join up with Magneto?!" Rogue paled and clutched Bobby's hand almost hard enough to bruise with her gloved hands. "Why would he do that?"

"Logan's probably following that boy that Magneto had with him, Harry, I think." Jean looked distinctly uncomfortable as everyone swiveled around to look at her. "Logan was practically giving off waves of possessive feelings the entire time we were in the jet. He also is not the kind to sit around and try to talk his way out of a situation so Magneto's ideas aren't something that would deter him in the least."

"Unfortunately there is nothing that we can do about this right now. The president is going to make an announcement about what he plans on doing about the mutant 'problem' and it would be very remiss of us to miss this momentous occasion." Xavier turned his chair toward the jet and began to wheel himself forward with the others slowly following behind with a single glance toward where a helicopter was taking off in the opposite direction.