Chapter Thirteen: Immune

Start from the beginning

"Ok, it's your funeral," Mark said after a few moments. He then leads Duane and Dr. Lee out of the door.

"I'm sorry. Thanks for everything, Marshals," I heard Dr Lee say to Dean.

"Oh, actually we're not really Marshals," Dean states, and I can feel his smile on his face.

"Um. Oh," she replied before walking out, not wanting to say anymore. I heard the door shut and then lock. I turn back to face Sam as I lent against the table, as he starts to cry.

"Wish we had a deck of cards, or a foosball table or something," Dean said jokingly, trying to put a small on our faces but it didn't work.

"Guys, don't do this. Just get the hell out of here," Sam replied, looking to us as Dean got near to Sam.

"No Sam. I'm not leaving. I've left too many time now and I'm not off again because you might kill me," I spoke the truth, but he just had tears running down his face.

"Give me my gun, and leave," he looked at Dean this time, hoping he would see reason.

"For the last time, Sam. No," Dean states firmly, as he turns around to come over to where I was positioned.

Just them, Sam slams the table with the pack, making us both look at him, unphased. "This is the dumbest thing you've ever done,"

"Oh, I don't know about that. Remember that waitress in Tampa?" Dean states, shuddering at the thought of it.

"Gabby, Dean, I'm sick. It's over for me. It doesn't have to be for you both," Sam voice was low and was trying to keep himself together.

"No?" Dean questioned him, his voice soft and rough, but it held his normal voice.

"No, you can keep going with Gabby," Sam said looking to me.

"Who says I want to?" This came to a shock to me when the words left Dean's mouth.

"What?" Sam and I said in union, as Dean goes over to a file cabinet and pulls out his handguns from his waistband and sits down.

"I'm tired, Sam, Gabby. I'm tired of this job, this life... this weight on my shoulders, man. I'm tired of it," Dean spoke with care, making me look at him weirdly.

"You can't give up Dean. You can't just lay down and die. There will always be things to fight," I spoke leaning up from the table.

"Look, Dean I know it could be stuff with Dad has --"

"You're wrong. It's not about Dad. I mean, part of it is, sure, but..." Dean had cut Sam off before he could finish and went on to speak his own.

"Then what is it?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, I feel like he was hiding something. But he couldn't answer, because we hear a noise outside the door. A moment passed and there's a few knocks on the door. Dean picks up his handguns that I didn't notice he had put down. He went over to the door and unlocked, and stood there was Doctor Lee.

"You'd better come see this," she said looking to all of us, before we all walked out of the room and outside the clinic. As we entered the night air, it was still, nothing was in sight besides us six survivors.

"There's no one. Not anywhere. They've all just... vanished," Doc spoke as we all looked out to the town, nothing in sight and I couldn't hear anything, no heart beats, no movement, nothing.

"Just like Roanoke," I whispered to myself, but I think Sam had heard me as he was the closest. I don't think we will ever know what happened to the towns people or where they are now.

******

The night had ended and morning was upon us all. Sam and Dean lent against the Impala, as I was at the other side, leaning forward, my arms propped up on the hood, staring at back of the boys. Dr. Lee was saying her goodbyes to Mark and Duane. Sam had gone in the clinic in the morning to make sure his blood was alright and by the look of him he was going to be all right.