Chapter 3 "The moons shadow"

Betty's POV
"So how long have you lived in riverdale?"
"Not long, what about you?"
"Long"
We were walking over the rail road tracks when I kinda tripped and he caught me. And we kind of just stared for a second at each other.
"Thanks" I said embarrassed as we kept walking
"So tell me about the serpents?" He asks.
"What do you wanna know?"
"I wanna know how a high school girl ends up in a gang" he said with a cute laugh
"Not a lot of gangs from where your from are there?"
"Well I'm from New York so if there was its to big a city to notice."
"Wow a city boy in a small town, I bet your going insane"
"I'm managing" he says
We both just laugh
We eventually get to the pembrooke
"Well, welcome home" I said stepping in front of him getting ready to say goodbye.
"Thank you I really appreciate it" he said.
"Look about the serpents.."
"Hey if you don't wanna talk about it you don't have to"
"No, it's just I'd rather this first impression be the one you see and remember because in this small town we're not liked, only a few north siders except us. So you living on the north side your going to here a lot of stories that your not going to get both sides of."
"So explain it to me" he asked a smirk had just reached his face and he took a step closer to me.
"I would but I really should get back to my friends"
"Well I don't need to be home I can come"
"What? You don't have a curfew?"
"Do you?"
"Fair point"
"I mean unless you don't want me to."
"Oh my god, no! Not at all"  I say reassuring that I would love for him to come.
We walked back to the south side exchanging small talk it was sweet and I really like him. I had gotten a text from Toni that they were heading to the whyte worm and to meet them there.
Once we got there we walked in and the light was off I flicked it on and get scared shitless when 30 people yell "SURPRISE!!"
"Happy birthday!!" every yells following.
Me being overwhelmed I didn't know what to say  so I just hugged everyone near me
"Thank you guys so much"
"Ahh so your a birthday girl" jughead says kinda teasing me.
"Why didn't you tell me" he says following.
"You didn't ask" was my reply and we both just giggled.
"Well happy birthday" he said.
"Who's this?" My mom asks going to shake jugs hand.
"Erm Jughead." He said. Shaking her hand back.
"Well it's nice to meet you, have we met before?"
"Umm no I'm new in town, I just met Betty at the BIjou today so.."
"Oh well welcome to riverdale!" My mom said.

Afterward I introduced jughead to everyone else.

Authors pov.
That night consisted of endless pool games,dancing and laughter. To jughead it was his first genuine night that he had a real smile on his face and it was Betty's Brest of fresh air after the cataclysmic events that had recently occurred in riverdale.
They were all relaxing exchanging stories when Betty's mom asked what time they'd be home she was on her way out

Jugheads pov.
"What time do you think you guys will be home not to late I hope, I'm heading home now" Mrs cooper asks.
"No mom we won't be out to long, I'm sure I'll be following you shortly." Betty replies
"Alrighty than, nice meeting you Jughead, I'll see you guys later"
And she was almost out the door when Betty stopped  her.
"Hey mom, did you ever get a chance to figure things out with the lodges" Betty asked
My heart immediately sunk, I didn't tell them my last name and my family doesn't have a great reputation meaning there know to screw people over. My body jolted up and I leaned in in my seat to here the conversation.
Alice sighed "No which is why I don't want you guys out late. Now that there back there going to come after us"
What?? I thought to myself.. back? Did my parents live here before. And why would they go after these people?
The tall man if I remember correctly his name was FP peered in the conversation.
"Yea so from now on there's a curfew, now where ever your staying, if it's at the house or the trailer or even if your sleeping in the loft above the bar. Be there by 10 and lock the doors permanently after that Okay!"He was referring to the coppers and his boys but everyone kind of nodded in agreement that it would be safest and looking at betty she kind of got a look of survival on her face like she was scared but strong and had been through something like this before I couldn't stop myself from butting in.
"Why would they go after you guys?" I ask.
"Last time they were in riverdale they tried to take it over buying every property in the north side. They made a play for the southside but they didn't win the serpents shut him down. Hiram lodge said he would come back for revenge on our family. He may not get his hands dirty but he would send people to so just watch your backs and always report to us on where your staying" Fp said walking out the door with Alice.
They all stood in silence and I felt sickened.
"I gotta go" I said grabbing my jacket rushing out.
"Jug wait!" Betty said following me.
We were outside the doors and I was walking and Betty stepped in front of me.
"I need to go home and deal with some shit" I say
" wait let me take you my bike is here" she said desperately trying to help.
"No, and it's best we don't talk anymore you need to stay as far away from me as possible"
Her face dropped and it hurt me.
"What, why?" She said getting angry.
I knew I had to tell her who I was again me  having  to pay for our parents actions.
"Jughead lodge" i say with a deep breath holding my hand out for her to shake it as I was introducing myself for the first time.
She just stared at me speechless and took a step back.