3. THE WELCOME BACK BBQ, PT. 1

GAVIN

I just got out the shower.

Now I'm about to brush my teeth, put on some deodorant, put my clothes on, and head downstairs.

I'm still tired from cleaning up all day, but I'd do anything for Mom. She wants this BBQ to be a success and that's just what it's going to be.

Mom is in the kitchen making deserts (Aunt Gina and Aunt Brandy are helping her) , while Dad is preparing the grill (James, Zach, Uncle Pete, Uncle Ramon, and Davon are out there as well).

Grandma Vicky and Grandma Viv are bringing the sides. I can't wait to eat. I'm hungry as hell.

I texted River and he said he and his folks will be over as soon as his Dad comes home and gets all freshened up.

I left TJ, Aaron, Xander,and JoJo in my room playing the video game. They better not be fucking my room up.

After I got finished putting my clothes on, I went into my room.

TJ: LOOKING PRETTY GOOD THERE G. WHO YOU TRYING TO IMPRESS?

GAVIN: NOBODY.

TJ: YEAH RIGHT. YOU WANNA LOOK GOOD WHEN PASSION COMES OVER LATER.

GAVIN: SHE SAID SHE HAD SOMETHING TO DO.

XANDER: MAYBE IT'S RIVER HE'S TRYING TO LOOK GOOD FOR.

TJ: YOU FINALLY TALKED TO RIVER? HOW'D IT GO?

GAVIN: LET'S JUST SAY WE'RE LETTING THE PAST BE THE PAST. CLEAN SLATE​.

TJ: SO ALL IS FORGIVEN?

GAVIN: I GUESS YOU CAN SAY THAT. I'M JUST GLAD TO HAVE MY FRIEND BACK.

AARON: I WONDER HOW PASSION IS GOING TO REACT WHEN SHE FINDS OUT RIVER'S BACK IN THE PICTURE.

GAVIN: PASSION DOESN'T DECIDED WHO I BEFRIEND AND WHO I DON'T BEFRIEND. SHE TRIED THAT ONCE BEFORE AND IT DIDN'T WORK IN HER FAVOR. AND BESIDES I KNEW HIM BEFORE I KNEW HER. HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE.

AARON: JUST KNOW SHE'S GOING TO BE PISSED. SHE HATES RIVER.

TJ: IT'S SAFE TO SAY THEY HATE EACH OTHER. CARE TO TELL US WHY?

JOJO: EVERYONE KNOWS THE BITCH IS THREATENED BY RIVER AND GAVIN'S CLOSENESS. IT BOILS HER BLOOD. ME PERSONALLY, I DON'T CARE FOR PASSION. NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL AND PLUS RIVER AND GAVIN HAVE THE HOTS FOR EACH OTHER. IF SHE HASN'T PICKED UP ON THAT BY NOW SHE'S SLOW AS HELL.

TJ: I TRY NOT TO DEAL WITH HER. SHE'S JUST NOT MY FAVORITE PERSON BRO.

AARON: LET'S JUST SAY I'D RATHER DEAL WITH ZOEY THAN PASSION. I'M GOING TO LEAVE IT AT THAT.

JOJO: I ACTUALLY LIKE ZOEY. SHE ONLY GETS OUT OF POCKET WHEN SHE NEEDS TO. IT'S JUST ROOTED IN PASSION. ZOEY IS PRETTY COOL WHEN YOU GET TO KNOW HER.

AARON: HE'S RIGHT. ZOEY IS COOL AS FUCK.

TJ: YEAH I LIKE ZOEY TOO.