8

[ gif amchitka tumblr ]

They looked into each other's eyes, Jacob was amused by the young woman's bravery. However Felicity only rose a brow, still waiting for him to start speaking.

"Okay! I can't take it anymore! Spill the beans. " she groaned loudly after two minutes, throwing her hands in the air & rolling her eyes.

Mphm, was the only sound he made, crossing his arms.

"Come on, I gotta help pops at the shop. Just tell me what you need, please?" she gave him her best smile.

Somehow his eyes softened, he's tens body relaxing a bit more.

Jacob liked the girl, he knew she was strong, she looked like she went trough hell. Joseph proposed a job for her, which Jacob agreed to. Although he & John fought for her, they knew she belonged to someone else.

Finally he gave her a crooked smile, Felicity's jaw nearly hit the floor because of that.

"Close your mouth, you might catch flies." he teased, putting on his normal facade. "I want you to be our healer."

She was confused, why would they even want her in the first place?

"But why? I'm sure you have more experienced people for that."

"Yeah. You'll be our personal healer, mine, Joseph's, John's & someone else's." he answered simply.

"Who is the last person?"

"Classified information. You'll know in time. Do you have your own tools?"

"No, unfortunately."

"I'll give them to you, tomorrow. Be here at eight am. Come."

Felicity followed the ginger haired man, walking through the gates of St. Francis Veterans Centre. Soldiers were lined up around the whole property, probably in case the famous deputy got in.

"Why is the new deputy hunting your family?" she questioned.

That made the man halt, the girl could see his fists clenching, his whole body tensing from one simple question. Felicity didn't mean any harm, just wanted to know.

"Come on, pup. Don't waste my time." was the only thing he said, then he started walking again.

She nodded, more to herself than him. Soon following in his footsteps, she kept quiet through their journey.

Jacob silently showed her around the place, introducing Staci Pratt 'Peaches'. He was quite nice, however the fear was seen in he's eyes.

People were held in cages, their bodies thin and smelly from urine. They were all weak. The seed family was terrorising those who weren't willing to join them, Felicity couldn't bring herself to care about it, even though it was bad. She went through many traumatic events, she learned that life wasn't easy and she must stay strong, the woman promised herself that others mistakes wouldn't trigger her future.

"That's all pup, just come sign a paper & you're free to go."

They went into his office, it was big, but simple, just like Jacob (ehehe big 😏🤣).

He handed her a two paged paper, before signing she read it slowly and carefully, looking for a catch. Her father taught her that.

Smiling, she handed it back, getting a wink in return. A blush rose to her cheeks, the attention she got was still weird for her.

"Bye, Jacob, thank you for the job, I appreciate it!" she went back to the gates and waved at Pratt, earning an uneasy smile, then she got into her car.

Fortunately, Alex fell asleep with his phone in hand, sitting shotgun, so she didn't have to move him. Although he definitely weighted nothing, she didn't want to wake him.

Merlin & Daisy happily wiggled their tales, giving her cheeks big licks. She shushed them when they started to whine.

"Hush, sweethearts, we don't want a cranky Alex to wake up, now do we?" Felicity smiled sweetly at them.

Then they were silent. As they drove off, Jacob watched her from behind the office window, smirking.

"We bless the rain down in Africa.." she sang quietly, trying to be in sync with the radio, her fingers tapping in the stirring wheel.

They drove for another ten minutes, Alex snoring loudly now.

A white doe stood by a tree, watching the car. Felicity slowed down, in case the animal wanted to jump on the road.

"Okay, mates, we're here." they were parked in front of the boys house.

"Wakey wakey, Alex." she nudged his shoulder lightly.

He groaned, "Fuck you, 'City. I wanna sleep!"

"Noooo, no. You go home, I'll call you tomorrow. Now off you go, little twat before I kick your ass."

"Okay, Jackie Chan, see, I'm gone." he winked, giving the pups kisses & went into his house.

"Pops shop it is.."

_____
so how do you like it?
I hope it's okay :)
also my apologies for any errors! :(
thank you sm for reading, darlings! 🙏