9 ⠸not okay

a week

a week.

that was how long it took for it to rain again, and the next time johnny could see ten.

with the sky pouring every day, it already felt strange to johnny that it didn't rain for a week. however, johnny didn't exactly feel great the past few days, even with the dry weather. truth to be told, he missed ten.

a part of him was thankful that ten didn't have the chance to fall sick, but another part of him missed seeing the boy in the rain.

2:49 pm.

so when the first drops of rain fell from the grey sky, johnny grabbed his umbrella and headed downstairs. he didn't even check if ten was at the park. he knew he would be.

and johnny was right.

the thai boy stood near the pavilion that they took shelter in last week, as if he knew johnny would be looking for him.

ten didn't notice the tall boy walk toward him.

in a few seconds, the rain stopped pattering onto ten. he looked up, only to see johnny by his side, holding his good old red umbrella.

"hey ten," johnny spoke cheerfully. he cringed inwardly. way too cheerful for a rainy day, john, he told himself.

ten didn't seem to mind as he smiled and replied with equal enthusiasm, "hey."

johnny noticed that ten's face was a little paler than usual. "didn't i tell you to not stand in the rain ?"

ten's eyebrows shot up. "we haven't seen each other for a week and that's the first thing you say to me ?"

"well i just don't want you to die of hypothermia," johnny defended himself.

"the rain is the only thing that causes us to meet though," ten pointed out.

"yeah... uh so to avoid that why not we exchange phone numbers ?" johnny suggested.

damn, i'm smooth. johnny thought.

ten just laughed, "was that your attempt to hit me up ?"

johnny felt his face warm, but still tried to flirt back, "w-what do you think ?"

"i think it's cute when you attempt to be smooth while you're actually a dorky nerd," ten said, the edge of his lips curling upwards.

"i'm not a nerd !" johnny protested.

"yeah, tell that to yourself babe," ten replied sassily.

johnny felt his heart skip a beat when ten called him that, even though he knew it wasn't meant in a romantic way.

he tried to ignore it as he handed the thai his phone, "save your number for me ?"

ten flashed him an amused smile and took the device, typing in his contact details before giving it back. the small male then sneezed, rubbing his nose, which was starting to turn an alarming shade of red.

johnny panicked, "woah, you good there buddy ?"

ten nodded, but his nose betrayed him as he sneezed once again, "i'm okay. i haven't done this for a while, so i just need to get used to it."

the words made almost no sense to the taller, "you're definitely not okay."

"i'm fine i swear !" ten protested, his smooth voice cracking a little, and he fell into a fit of coughs.

"no you're not," johnny said matter-of-factly as he placed his hand on ten's forehead, "oh my god you're burning."

"shit," the smaller muttered and looked away, biting his lip. he looked like he was cursing himself silently.

cursing himself for letting his weak side show.

"you can't stay out here any longer, ten. do you want me to walk you home ?" johnny asked, even though he knew the answer.

as expected ten shook his head, "it's fine, i can take care of myself. i'll go back on my own," chuckling weakly, he added, "if you wanna check if i'm still alive, just text or something. hopefully i'll reply."

the boy started to walk away, and johnny resisted the urge to just scoop ten up into his arms and carry him home. he wanted to keep this boy warm and safe, give him all the love he deserves.

but he knew he couldn't do that.

it wasn't in his place to do so.

lost in thought, johnny looked over to where ten was going, only to see the boy support himself up by grasping onto the railings that lined the side of the road. a few bypassers gave him worried looks, but didn't stop to help.

the sight snapped johnny out of his thoughts immediately, "shit."

the next thing johnny knew, he was running.

"ten ! you okay ?" johnny placed a strong hand on ten's arm, "i don't care what you said, you can't go home alone like this."

the other boy didn't have the energy to talk back as a migraine pounded at the back of his head. pale-faced, he shut his eyes tight, as if willing johnny to just go away and leave him alone.

this only fueled the taller's determination, "if you don't want me to know where you live, it's fine. you can stay at my place until you get better enough to go home yourself. is that okay ?"

"o-okay..." ten accepted johnny's offer. it wasn't like he had that much of a choice.

johnny dropped his umbrella to the pavement and bent down, letting ten climb onto his back, before standing up with his arm safely on the younger.

grabbing his umbrella with one hand and holding ten steady with the other, johnny made his way back home as fast as he could, ignoring the ache that was starting to spread down his back, and the dull pain in his legs.

he'd do whatever he could, as long as ten was okay.

this chapter's name is literally a description of me the past week dhjsjsns

im finally backkk sorry for being dead on here for more than a week and i'll try to update doubt today as well ! tysm for 300+ reads and #25 in johnten i love yall

also,, hAPPY CHENLE DAY !! 🐬

changed my profile pic to lele :3 hope our baby will have fun today with all his hyungs and jisung uwu

and yall as well !! have a great day/night and remember to smile :D because you're loved ♡♡♡

yx :3