Hired Gun part 15

From the corner of her eye she watched a familiar blonde-haired figure enter the room looking outrageously attractive in her blouse, corset, breaches, and boots. Seeing who her audience was, Asuka was simultaneously perversely happy that the form she was currently doing showed off her figure, grace and flexibility, while somewhat disappointed, because she had a growing certainty that even if by some blessing of the ancestors the other woman could appreciate what she was seeing, that her efforts would still be wasted.

That suspicion was only strengthened when she came to the end of form and Clarabelle stood in the corner politely clapping.

"Peters said that I might find you here," Clarabelle offered a soft friendly smile. "I assume that he already told you about the offer that we had for you?"

"In part," Asuka confirmed, trying not to stare at Clarabelle, and instead shyly looking anywhere else. "He explained in general what you want from me, but not specifics nor pay."

Clarabelle hummed slightly. "I see. Well, you'd have to speak with Jezebel or Robert about the specifics. As far as the pay goes, we would give you the same daily pay as what is on your contract for light combat; assuming that's acceptable, of course."

Despite her best efforts, the smaller woman couldn't quite completely keep the surprise from showing through. "That would be acceptable," she swallowed.

"Great! So will you do it?" Clarbelle's eyes sparked as she asked.

"Hai," Asuka said tiredly. "I will."

"Thank you," the taller woman's excitement both amused and annoyed Asuka. "This will be a great help."

"I am glad to help," Asuka lied smoothly. She shyly bowed. "Do you mind if I resume? I need to continue my practice if I am to remain at my best."

"Of course, my apologies," Clarabelle stepped back against the wall. "Please continue. Is it okay if I watch? You make everything look so easy, though I am sure it is actually quite difficult. I was hoping maybe if I watched I could see something that would help me improve with my own fighting. Lord knows I need it."

"You are not confident in your abilities?" Asuka blinked in surprise.

"I'm confident with my abilities with my tools," Clarabelle admitted self-consciously. "But when it comes to fighting, my sister Jezebel got the lion's share of talent of the two of us. I'm decent with a gun, but I'm only passable with a knife or a blade."

Tucking her blades away, Asuka went to the nearest wall and selected two pairs of wooden practice blades. Keeping one pair for herself, she passed the other to Clarabelle. "You are correct that it takes many years to master the kata I did, but some of the moves are simple and easy to learn on their own, and I can show you a few basic kata that might help you."

"I would like that," Clarabelle replied softly as she stepped forward to the spot Asuka indicated.

For nearly an hour Asuka demonstrated various moves of a very simple kata. Despite herself, Asuka was enjoying herself immensely. Thus she resented it when the door quietly opened and a dark haired woman entered the room.

Clarabelle's sister watched quietly for a few minutes and bided her time until Clarabelle and Asuka reached a slight pause. Clearing her throat lightly, she stepped forward. "Apologies for interrupting, but the port stern mast is stuck again. The captain asked if you could take a look at it, Clara."

Clara sighed and turned to Asuka. "I'm sorry, I better go. Can we resume another time?"

"Of course," Asuka smiled softly. If I am not busy, I am happy to help."

"Thank you," the blonde haired woman hung up her practice weapons and hurried out of the room leaving the two darker haired women alone together.

****
I don't normally do this, but I am curious as to if people are enjoying this story so far so if you would be willing to vote or to drop a comment I would appreciate it.