Truth

Lucinda POV

I returned to mother's castle in tears. "Lucinda what happened?" mother said, "its (y/n) h..he rejected me! I did exactly what you said and he still chose her! M...mom a..am I unlovable?" I cried, then mother slapped me, "Lucinda don't talk like that! The only thing I hate more than failure is when someone gives up." mother said, I put my hand over where mother had slapped me. "If he does not love you then become someone he will love." mother said, "h...how?" I said, "Lucinda you are my daughter, but you are also a grimm. Unlike every other grimm in existence, I had given birth to you as apposed to crawling out of a pool of pure darkness. That means you have some of my power." mother said as she placed her hand on my cheek. "Now prove to me that you are worthy of being called my daughter and show me that you can get what you want on your own and with your own power." mother said I nodded and concentrated I looked deep within myself to find this power that I had deep inside me. And when I finally found it I unleashed it.

(y/n) POV 

Blake and I took Sky to Atlas so she could get professional help for her PTSD. We lived with mama Winter while we were in Atlas. Sky seemed to be getting better, but one knock at the door changed all everything. When I answered the door I found mom standing there. I pulled Negistigma from its void and switched it to scythe mode and disattached the pole and  and switched it from a spear to a high impact rifle. I opened the door and pointed my gun at mom "you better have a good reason for being here! Do you have any idea of what kind of hell you put Sky through?!" I yelled, "I.. I'm sorry I came here to make up with you. But I see now that is impossible, I've failed as a mother, I'm sorry I failed you." she said tears streaming down her face, I sighed "I'll trust you for now but I wont hesitate to put a bullet in you if I feel like you are going to turn on us." I said, mom nodded in agreement. "(y/n) who's at the door?" mama Winter said as she walked downstairs caring Sky, "GRANDMA CINDER!" Sky yelled as she turned into a kitten and back and ran to mom and hugged her mom hugged her back. I heard Blake run downstairs weapon in hand, I motioned to her that it was ok.

"(y/n) who is this woman?" Blake said, "this id Cinder Fall my adoptive mother." I said, both Blake and mama Winter looked shocked. I had told them stories about her before, but they had never imagined this beautiful young woman who couldn't have been older than thirty five to be my adoptive mother.

We all sat down and talked, "so how old were when you adopted (y/n)?" Winter asked, "let's see, if I remember correctly I was about nineteen or twenty years old when I took him in and a few days later I officially adopted him." mom said, "you were that young?!" Blake said in shock, "your one to talk getting pregnant at seventeen." mom snarked, Blake laughed a bit. Sky Sky looked very confused.

Eventually we got to the topic of what moms job was and I knew that this would end badly. "I was the one responsible for the fall of Beacon, but just know I only did it to protect the ones I love!" she said, Winter pulled Sky in close to her. "WHY ARE YOU HERE?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT SKY WENT THROUGH THAT NIGHT!" Blake said grabbing gambolshroud and switched it to it's gun mode. I was about to stand up to defend mom, but she got up and walked towards Blake and placed the barrel of the gun on her chest. "Shoot me if that will make you feel better, but know that if you do then nothing will change. Sky will still be in danger. You and (y/n) will live in constant fear of if that day would be Sky's last. And know that if you kill me then (y/n) will never know the truth." she said and Blake put her weapon away. "Fine you win, now tell (y/n) the truth!" she said mom just nodded and sat back down. All attention was on her, no one spoke a single word not even Sky. "You all have heard something about Summer Rose. But do any of you know how she died?" mom said, "she was killed during a mission." I said, "that's only half right. The truth is she was murdered during a mission, I know this because I was the one who killed her." mom said and an eerie dread fell upon the room, "(y/n) I had no idea who you were when I first found you, but the first time I saw your beautiful silver eyes I instantly knew that you're Summer Rose's child. I decided that by raising you I could repent for what I had done, but I was wrong I only made your life worse. Please don't hate me I beg you please." mom said with tears in her eyes. "M...mom I couldn't hate you. Sure I'm shocked that the woman who raised me and who I called mother was the one who killed my birth mother, but I could barely remember her when you found me." I said, "Blake if it's alright with you I want mom to be apart of Sky's life." I said, Blake looked over at Sky and saw that she was wearing the necklace that she was given by Cinder almost a year ago. Then she sighed and nodded in agreement. "Great, but I have some conditions for you. First you have to give up your life of crime, second you will live with Blake and I so we can keep an eye on you until we can fully trust you, and finally I want you to tell everyone except Sky everything about her and her plans." I said, mom wiped some tears away and nodded in agreement.