He sighs "Bell just stay out of it" 

" -Let me talk to her" she begs "Please. Five minutes with me and I'll know for sure-"

"no"

"please Richard" she says "a man's life is on the line here-"

"She's gone" he says and Bell's hope dies a little 

"Where did she go?" she asks desperately 

"She left. She testified then she quit"

"that's awfully convenient don't you think?" says Bell dryly 

"you're grasping at straws"

"Richard he didn't do it" she says again "he didn't. You're going to murder an innocent person" 

"He's hardly innocent Bell" Richard says "If there's one man worst than Arthur, it's Luke. He's even more ruthless than Arthur is. He lives off of shedding blood. He's a tyrant" 

"then convict him for being a tyrant!" she says "of raping Katia he's innocent" 

"maybe he is" he says "but if accusing him of something he didn't do will lock him up than it's worth it" 

She shakes her head. She doesn't agree with this at all. 

"the ends never justify the means" 

"sometimes they do"

"they never" she says "this is wrong" 

he shakes his head "there's nothing I can do about it Bell" he says softly "I have no power. The court is in charge"

"Can I vouch for him in court?" 

Richard smiles "it's better if you don't. Besides, you're nobody. Your words won't mean anything" 

She looks away, her frustration catching up with her. 

"thank you" she says "for your time" 

"I'm sorry Bluebell" he says "Sometimes you just have to let nature take its course" 

She nods, walking out the room and closing the door behind her. She presses her back against the door, closing her eyes tightly. She takes in a deep breath and she starts walking towards the back door of the castle. She's walking against the walls, trying to stay hidden from everyone. Something stops her. She narrows her eyes, listening to something. She follows the noise further into the castle. She's walking in a dark corridor and the noise is getting closer and closer. Her heart starts beating faster. She already feels her eyes stinging as her heart hammers mercilessly in her chest. 

Please please please

She reaches the end of the corridor and peaks out from behind the wall. Her heart stops. He's here. He's right here. 

Arthur. 

He's standing in the middle of an empty court, talking with a group of men. He has a bag on his back and he looks a little unkept. He must have just returned. She releases a breath she never realized she was holding as her brain takes him in. The anxiety of the past days seep right out of her, leaving her fighting a sudden urge to cry from relief. She suddenly feels so so tired. She closes her eyes as she rubs her face. 

"My god..." she whispers, her body shaking. She opens her eyes and looks back out towards them only to catch his eyes. Her heart jolts and she pushes herself back behind the wall. 

"Shit" she whispers. She promptly turns around and starts walking away only to stop. Her heart is beating so fast and so irregularly that it's causing her actual discomfort.