Chapter Twenty Eight : Unwanted Memory

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) limped towards a giant garbage dump with Chikage in her arms and hid behind it. It wasn't long before the brutes may have knew were they went and began to turn to the alleyway that they were in. The leader, in fit of frustration, yelled at his subordinates to go explore the alleyway.

They both panted, making as little noise as they can to not blow their cover. They were searching thoroughly, (Y/N) noticed and turned to Chikage whose face were red and panting heavily. She narrowed her look and placed his head to lean on her shoulder. She placed her hand in his bloodied forehead and feel his temperature, she bit her bottom lip. "He's hurt and he has a fever too..." (Y/N) thought as she took out a handkerchief that was luckily in her pocket and placed them in his wound. "Just how long has he been like this...?"

At a sound of a footstep, (Y/N) was instantly alerted and hugged Chikage close to her. She gulped and looked at Chikage as she paid attention to the sound of footsteps, they were near. (Y/N) gritted her teeth in frustration, however, when she looked at Chikage, who was struggling to be in concsious.

After a while of thinking, she took a deep breath and smiled at Chikage. "Hey, Chikage...I'm gonna tell you something..." She said as she stroked his hair. "You gonna cooperate, alright? I'm gonna distract them."

Chikage's ear twitched as his breath hitched. "N-No! I-" He opened one of his eyes and his mouth to protest, however, (Y/N) cut him off.

"I know, I know...I know it's reckless but Chikage, this is the only way I can save you right now...!" She said as she gave him a twitchy smile. "I'm scared too but...I need to do it..."

"They're probably after me now rather than you, so..." (Y/N) said as she pat his head and lay him gently on the wall. She prepared to head out and looked at him with a smile. "You don't need to worry."

With that, (Y/N) went out of their hiding spot and purposely made a noise. One of the men saw her and pointed at her. "There! There's the b•tch!" He aggressively said, (Y/N) gulped and ran away, luring them away from where Chikage is.

With one tired eye, Chikage reach out his hands, panting. "M-Master..." He called, silently. "C-Come ba...Back..."

He tried to lift himself up but his body was far too weak to do so and can only manage to sit up. Chikage rests his head on the wall and took a deep breath. He finally opened his eyes, the glow on them coming back and then, with all of the little strength he has, he managed to lift himself up.

He stared off on the distance his Master went to. Chikage bit his bottom lip, remembering what she said.

"You don't need to worry."

Chikage could feel tears beginning to come out of the side of his eyes. Flashbacks began to erupt from his mind, reminding him of his past. "M...Mom...What do I do..."

Chikage widened his eyes and breath in and out, trying to calm down. He narrowed his eyes as he looked at where his Master ran to. "...No, I'm not gonna lose another one...!" He said as he managed to stood up on his feet, though a bit wobbly. He gripped his stomach, which was the most damaged out of all his body parts.

Using the walls as a guide, he quickly moved forward, following where (Y/N) went to. "Wait for me, Master..." He said.

**********

(Y/N) ran around the alleyway, hoping to God not to ran into a dead end. With three behind her tail, she turns her head in hopes of finding a place to hide or a place to escape to. As she turned towards a corner, she stopped as she searched for somewhere to hide. She felt that if she continued on running away, she'll just end up in a dead end.