Chapter5- Our Secret

JENOVA'S POV-

I awoke with a kick to my side. I jerked my head up slowly rolling out of Chase's arms and stood up looking around with a b*tch attitude because who the bloody hell just kicked me? I looked around until my eyes met Anna's. She smiled a devious smile at me then frowned.

"I know what game you're trying to play Jenova. Chase is mine. Stop snuggling up to him every night, stop holding his hand cause I know you're not afraid of the dead lady. After all, you did touch her when you tried to prank me."

"Seriously Anna? O..K. First of all I always keep my distance from him when it's bedtime HE pulls me to him. HE encourages THE BOTH OF US to hold his hand just so he can keep us safe. Get your facts straight! BLOODY HELL ANNA! BLOODY HELL!"

I can't believe she just fought with me over some random guy that we've known for what...three days? Ugh! She pissed me off so I stormed out of the alley and started down the road. Chase didn't even stir out of his sleep! Why do I even care?!! I tripped on a bloody rock, excuse my language, and cut my knee. I cursed under my rather rancid breath, "Bloody Hell!" and sat up. As I raised my head a blank paper floated in the air towards me and brushed my face. That Is when I realized that it was not blank. All it said was, 'Have a visit to the Manor.'

I quickly ran back to the alley seeing both Chase and Anna in a heated argument. I instantly felt annoyed upon registering what exactly it was that they were arguing about. She's maaad because Chase spend more time with meeee. Boohoohoo. B*tch, No one cares. Just  shut the hell up like rn.

"Guys another note!" I hollered. Chase ran up to me and gave me a huge hug then turned to Anna and smirked. I stupidly blushed and Anna steamed.

"I'm sorry Anna c'mere." Chase said calmly. She strolled over and suddenly with a burst of energy ran the last two centimeters into his arms. "It's OK, everythin's alright baby girl." he soothed.

I was made to become uncomfortable and furious so I reminded them of the stinking note.

I gave it to Chase to read even though I could have easily recited it for myself. It was like a little ritual to make him read it I suppose.

"It says, ' Have a visit to the Manor', and on the back it says, ' Do not trust the notes. You have been warned.' Um well then. So do we go? Or not?"

I can't believe I didn't read the back. Anyway, the note wasn't signed with the usual 'X' so who knows.

"Maybe we shouldn't trust the notes without the 'X' at the bottom. Do you guys think?" I questioned

"Yeah!" they both said then Anna added, " See Chase, we're already connecting." when she turned around Chase looked at me and fake puked. He is so rude hehe. I love it.

"So go to the Manor? Yeah? Yeah. Good." Chase said. 

" Hey Chase an you do me a favor?"

"Hmm? What's up?"

"Please just date Anna and get it over with. She thinks that you like me already and she's getting all jealous and b*tchy. Please just--"

"Jenova seriously? That's a lot to ask for and quite frankly I don't exactly want to date a psycho." he laughed.

"What's so funny guys?" Anna chirped in. I gave Chase a pleading look and he sighed and called Anna apart. I suppose he is asking her right now. I heard Anna scream and she jumped up on Chase and smashed her lips to his. I felt broken. I hated myself for this, it's torture. I-I 

"Why are you crying?"  Chase asked me. What the hell? I'm not even crying. What kind of question is tha--.

Chase took his thumb and rubbed a tear from my cheek. That's when It was confirmed that I had indeed been crying. I looked away from Chase and saw that Anna was fast asleep with a smile on her face.

"Chase I-"

He cut me off with a kiss that felt like petals brushing together in the autumn wind. 

Petals because his lips are supposed to be perfect, making them soft, pink and delicate which they were. The kiss however was harsh, rough and superfine. He gave me a sexy*ss cowboy kiss. The kind of kiss that turns you on instantly and brings that sort of arousal that can't be controlled, it's the kind of kiss that reminds you that you're kissing your best friend's boyfriend, it's the kind that--- this is my conscience speaking isn't it.

I immediately pulled away and boxed him yet I was smiling like an idiot. He was also smiling making his eyes crinkle up at the corners...how cute! Honestly "A kiss is a secret which takes the lips for the ear.” 

― Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac

So let this be our secret~~~