12

Charlotte's POV

     I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital and got out of my car, running into the building. When I got inside, Spencer was holding Alex back as our little sister was yelling at the receptionist. Carl wasn't here yet so we couldn't go to Markus's room. "I'm sorry but you are not immediate family so I cannot let you see him." The receptionist said. Alex continued to yell at her. "Do we have a problem?" A security guard asked. I stepped in and told him everything was fine, dragging Alex to a chair. "He's going to be fine." Spencer kept telling her.

     After almost half an hour, Carl and his other son arrived. We were allowed to go to the floor Markus was on and Alex sprinted to the stairwell, running up the stairs rather than waiting for the elevator. "I'll meet you guys up there. Aria's still in the bathroom. She got pretty sick looking at all that blood." Spencer said with a small chuckle, though the rest of us didn't laugh.

     We got to the fourth floor and walked in the waiting room. Alex was pacing back and forth when we got there. A doctor came in and Carl went to talk to him. He came back and took Alex and Leo aside.

Alex's POV

"The bullet didn't go through his brain but it struck his skull. They removed it successfully and it may take some time for him to wake up." Carl told Leo and I. "Can I see him?" I asked. Carl nodded and took Leo to sit back down. I walked down the hall and opened the door to Markus's room. He laid unconscious in his bed. He honestly looked better than I thought. I cautiously walked over to the bed and held his hand.

     "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I dragged you into my (cw). I wouldn't be surprised if you never wanted to see me again after this." I told him. "I told you: You're dangerous. I like dangerous." I looked at Markus and smiled as he opened his eyes. I leaned down and kissed his head where my mother shot him and squeezed his hand. As I pulled away he grabbed my face and pulled me back, giving me a passionate kiss. "I love you." He told me. "I love you too."

[Time skip- Sunday, two days later]

Mom didn't come home after what happened. She didn't call or text either. The cops found her car where it was on the side of the road later on Friday. Charlotte took care of us those past two days and now we're sitting in the living room, deciding how to move on.

Story will now be told in present tense!

"How are supposed to pay bills?" Spencer asks. "I'll take an extra job. You two can work as well so we can have at least some money to get by." Charlotte says. I sigh, not wanting to talk about this anymore. Mom left us and now we have to fend for ourselves without help. "Maybe we should sell the house." I offer. My sisters look at me in surprise, but nod in agreement after. "We have a lot of good memories. But to know that Dad was murdered here, I think it would be best to get away." Charlotte says.

[Time skip!- Two weeks later]

     We found out that our mother was staying at the Lost woods resort, where our parents used to take us when we were little. She refused to talk to us but sent us everything to sell the house. Charlotte sold the house and we looked for another place to live. We found a cafe in town named the Rear Window Brew (Or as people in Rosewood call it "The Brew") and bought the loft above it. We're moving all of our stuff into the loft while trying to figure out where to put everything else.

"This is the last of it." Markus says as he puts down a box in the living room. "Good." I reply, moving a box to my new room, or the open space in the back of the loft near the door which has just enough space for a bed. I turn back around to grab more boxes and accidentally bump into Simon. He drops the box and we hear a loud crack. "Oh (cw). Sorry Alex." He says. "No it's not your fault. I didn't see you there. I have to take this stupid patch off." I tell him, reaching to take the bandage off my eye.

    It's been almost a month since the incident so it should be healing fine. "How do I look?" I ask Markus. "Like you got hit in the face pretty hard." He replies. I punch him lightly in the arm and pick up another box. "Yeah well you look like you were shot in the head, oh wait? You were!" I say, hearing the other "ooh" in the back. "Oh that's cold. Remember I got shot saving your (cw)." He says. I approach him after putting down the box. "Well Thank you, and I love you." I say, pecking his lips. "I love you too."

Spencer's POV

     "How many more boxes?" I ask Aria when I walk outside to the U-Haul. "Not many. We should be able to take a few more trips." She answers. I nod and take a box out of the truck, carrying it inside the loft. I carry it up the stairs and to my room, which is next to Charlotte's, and set it down. I go back outside and pass Aria carrying another box. A truck pulls up behind our U-Haul and two men take a large box out of the back. Charlotte signs off on the package and the two men carry it inside.

     "Finally, my own bed." She says as the men set the box down in her room. Simon, Markus, and Josh move my bed into my room and Alex's bed in her space. As we move the last boxes into the house, there's a knock at the door. Charlotte opens it and jumps into the arms of the person on the other side. "Archer!" She screams as her boyfriend spins her around. After he sets her down, she tells him she need to talk in private and they go upstairs, probably to talk about the past two weeks.