"Please, Miss, I need to pass this class." Shayne pleads.

She gives him an unimpressed look and scribbles something down onto a piece of paper. 

"Here, she's a tutor and I'm pretty sure she can even help you." She says handing him the paper with a name written on it.

Olivia Sui, it reads.

"Does she even go to this school?" Shayne asks. 

He's pretty sure he's never even heard of this girl.

"Ay chico, you just ran into her."  Ms. Alvarez says chuckling.

Suddenly Shayne doesn't feel any impending doom for the upcoming Spanish test.

"Thanks!" He says over his shoulder with a big smile as he runs off to class.

Time Skip...

"I need your help."Shayne says.

Damien takes a big bite of his sandwich before he pays Shayne any mind. He holds up his index finger as he chews. Takes a sip of his soda before folding his hands in front of him and giving Shayne his full attention. All Shayne does is stare at him, unimpressed with his antics.

"Yes?" He finally asks.

"Do you know a girl by the name Olivia Sui?" Shayne asks.

"I know her" Damien said.

Shayne looks up to see Courtney setting down her tray and taking off her backpack.

"How?" Shayne asks.

Courtney makes a face at his eagerness. 

"Why do you want to know?" She asks.

"Wait, is she new?" Shayne asks.

He tries to rack his brain for any memory of her before today. He's pretty sure he would never forget a face like hers.

"Well if you count transferring here two years ago new then yeah she's new, why the sudden interest?" Courtney snarks.

"It's for Spanish, my teacher says she can tutor me." Shayne says.

"Uh huh, now tell us the real reason." Damien said staring at Shayne.

"I'm serious!" Shayne said.

Damien and Courtney give each other a knowing look.

"I- okay that's not the only reason but it's seriously why I need to get in contact with her." Shayne says.

"She's in my AP Us history class." Courtney relents. 

"But Shayne you have to be careful with her. She's really shy and quiet." She says.

"What's that supposed to mean? I just need her to help me with Spanish" Shayne asked.

"Yeah and you probably wanna help her with some extracurricular activities" Damien says chuckling.

"I just mean you can't be so excited to offer your friendship..." Courtney says.